Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna order a short shifter this week, and from what I've read, steeda seems to be a good one. Will it really make that much of a differance with shifting?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
i have the steeda in my current car and love it. ppl who have the b&m and a couple others say they like mine the best. it basically makes the throw shorter without making the height too short. The bottom below the pivot is a little longer so the top can be longer too. It also has a spring that "assists" the shift from 2-3 which is nice, but they tend to break. even without the spring, it's my fav shifter. well worth the money. i got mine from cfm for around 85 bux.

g

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll definetly get it then. Is it easy to install?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
yes, if you know your way around a toolbox you can do it. since the lower part is longer, you need to displace one set of wires thats down there but it's covered nicely in the instructions. Also, there is a flower shaped piece made of plastic you need to pull over a ball and it breaks easily. once you get in there you'll see what i mean. i forget what the instructions tell you to do, but i use a deep socket like a 13mm one and push on the flower all the way around to push evenly while pulling on the ball. it comes out easily if you understand the concept. if you break it, just go buy a new one, its not worth trying to make it work. haha trust me. it's a fun mod, good learning experience if you haven't done much and you'll love the new shift. If you want, take measurements before and after like when it's in 1st measure from the knob to the dash in one spot, then in 2nd etc etc. i think the throw is reduced like 1.5 inches per shift. it's nice. ok, go do it. good luck, post up if you have any ?'s.

g

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agh, I ordered mine from Steeda. $139.99 and slow to ship, slow to contact. Do not order from them, great product but definitly order it somewhere other than Steeda's website.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ive heard about steeda but i got mine from focus central. i love the thing. there is def a differance in the throw distance, easy to install. there is no reverse lock out mech with it either.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've had problems with steeda also. I actually ordered a shift knob last november, and well, I havent got it yet. I emailed them and asked what was up and they told me that they need to make new ones. Where else could I order it from?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
IHateRice said:
Agh, I ordered mine from Steeda. $139.99 and slow to ship, slow to contact. Do not order from them, great product but definitly order it somewhere other than Steeda's website.
First off call and order and you won't have these problems.

RocktheZX3, you should have called and kept up on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts