Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone out there has this intake. or should i judt got the AEM way?
HMMM..... . . . decsions decsions[:D]

·
Registered
73 Posts
how much did it add from stock?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Not sure. He added the Steeda intake, FC cam gears and Bosal cat back exhaust system.

He went from 103 whp and 109 wtq to 119 whp and 125 wtq.

+16 hp and +16 tq from cam gears an intake and cat back.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have a Steeda short ram. I noticed a better response in acceleration but nothing worth writing home about. Focal is right about the build quality though it is top notch. Plus you gotta love that sound that you get witha short ram!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are going to get a short ram like the Steeda you may as well spend less money and get the MAC intake. Mostly on the Steeda you are just paying for that sticker they put on there. Not much difference in the build quality from the Steeda to the MAC.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Both of the above are true statements, the MAC is cheaper with the same results.

I would get the volant if I were you, its what I have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Volant is definitely the most popular intake and I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about it. Seems to give the most consistent gains as well. It's what I'm getting once I have the money to start working on my car again.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
hey, if all goes well, i might have a used MAC to sell ya in a couple of days (working on getting a volant right now).

let me know if you're interested

Mike

·
Registered
793 Posts
3 words MAC.MAC.MAC

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the FS Cool-Flo and I would reccommend it to anyone..... Another nice thing you can add to it is a SVT snorkel......

·
Registered
990 Posts
steeda

i was promised mine by today but no show. do a search under steeda or garyk to see why i am ditching aem. the intakes have been done for a while. i have been told since before xmas that they needed filters. as of mon i was promised it would ship this week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts