Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I think you'll find most ppl say anywhere between 1/2 hour and an hour...it's pretty straightforward and their instructions are good.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^

What he said, it took me about 45min b/c I was going slow.

·
Registered
478 Posts
20 minutes for mine.. Only need to pop the cover, 4 bolts in and out.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
you need to get the lock-out spring from a pre 06 foci

or

order the lock out delte from c-f-m

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yea. Ford decided to pinch more pennies and remove the reverse-lockout for 2006.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
took me about 15-20 mins last weekend, remved the center concole (2 bolts in the rear, 2 srews under the front cup holders) then take out the 4 screws that hold the plate over the shifter unsnap the linkages (kinda hard for some people) and the reassemble. major difference once i placed it in first. now i dont notice anything because i have had it for a week. didnt thing it was gonna make such a huge differnce but to my surprize. wow

·
Registered
367 Posts
Never really thought much of it, but when I shift into 4th with my steeda, and I pull up the lockout the shifter moves to the right about an inch. Is this normal??

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
smokethebear_280 said:
Never really thought much of it, but when I shift into 4th with my steeda, and I pull up the lockout the shifter moves to the right about an inch. Is this normal??
yes becuase it is a pivoting shifter meaning that is your free play.

IT WAS HORRIBLE in my 05

if i pulled up on it in my 06 it get stuck on the resvse plate but i just reinstalled it and it fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts