Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good find, this is the first mention of it that I've seen. Isn't it great that the aftermarket parts are starting to flow?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is! Just was checking Steeda's site out and found it. Only 2012 part listed so far there.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
Does it fit both sedan and hatch?

·
Registered
117 Posts
ugh... and I was going to try not to modify this damn car. Thanks alot.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I think I'll be putting in my first aftermarket order today :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm new to the Foci scene, so can someone help me out? What's the deal with Steeda? Better than Eibach, or H&R, or whatever?

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
I'm new to the Foci scene, so can someone help me out? What's the deal with Steeda? Better than Eibach, or H&R, or whatever?
Steeda to the best of my knowledge only produces parts for ford, whereas eibach and h&r also do other brands. Right now h&r and eibach have not released sway bars yet, so steeda is the only option.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I might pick up the rear sway while I am here at the steeda shop, yay for knowing about upcoming parts. And know I can't say what may be coming down the line.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Well I am buying the sway bar lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, REDFOCZ. Let us know how it works. Install looks very easy lol!

·
Registered
263 Posts
How much skill would be required to install this?
Can you get under your car and work a ratchet? Sway bars are pretty strait forward from the few I've done in the past. I'll wait till the Eibach's come in and see how much that helps with the handling before springing for this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Took me a 1/2 hour to install an Eibach bar on a 2011 Focus SE with 2 wrenches, a rachet, 2 sockets, a jack and a jack stand.

The rear bar is super easy on the previous generation and should be the same on the 2012.

After some of the other front wheel drive sway bars I've done, the front bar is probably nightmarish.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Understeer? Ha! I can't get my car to go fast enough to get it to understeer! LOL

Kidding aside, I can't wait to see the reviews this gets.

Anyone know if Steeda makes their own products? This looks suspiciously like a Ford Racing sway bar. And I don't think Ford Racing makes their own stuff either.

Tony

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I can assure you steeda makes their own parts, since I saw their machine shop today and stuff being made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just helped my friend put the Steeda swaybar on and it was real easy to do. Very straight forward if you take the OEM off and install the new one in its place. It takes 2 people: 1 with the garage and tools and the 2nd person to bring the car haha.

So far it has been a great edition to his focus. Definitely improves the handling and cornering. He spoke to the Rep on the phone and he said they are in process of creating a line of products for the 2012 Ford Focus. They had to wait to get some data from Ford Motor Company he was informed.

I have purchased Steeda parts in the past and I can tell you with certainty that they make their own products and they are produced in America. I know an engineer at Ford and he has done some work with Steeda in regards to some product testing. Steeda has a technology transfer program with Ford Engineers. They basically rely on each other to produce perfect aftermarket parts.

He has a 2009 Mustang GT with several parts on it from Steeda. He won't use any other manufacturer because he knows he is getting some great quality parts. His dad is a UWA member too, so the American parts thing goes along way in the family.

Lastly, I read in another post or forum that they were looking for someone in the Georgia area with a 2012 Focus to test a shifter on.... That will be another great edition, I have one on my 2010 Focus. Very fun and sporty!! Looking at a 2012 here soon!!!

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
On the jet they where looking for someone to go to Valdosta, that was me lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well I think you guys convinced me on getting a set

1 - 20 of 52 Posts