Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i kno that this has been mentioned before but not sure of the thread. i have been gettin alot of noise, like squeaking, just wondering if anyone has any idea what i could do to get rid of it? i am using the steeda bushings and brackets that came with the bar.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya you need to take it off and grease the crap out of the bushings dude...I had the same problem w/ mine. It still does it, I guess it's the nature of the beast but I took it off and regeased it and I must say, it's better...not gone...but better.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i kinda figured that i needed to lube it up, but i wasnt sure if it would make it worse. thankyou!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
yea i kinda figured that i needed to lube it up, but i wasnt sure if it would make it worse. thankyou!!
How would grease make it worse?

[:)]

When greasing the poly swaybar bushings I've found that the best thing to use is "marine grease" that is normally recommended for boat trailer wheel bearings. It's really sticky stuff (try not to get it on your clothes) and it won't wash away if you drive in the rain. All auto parts houses carry it and it is usually turquoise green in color.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had same problem on my 2007. Garage used regular grease first 2 tries then I read on here about marine grease and it worked. Did not eliminate it completely but much better. My wife stopped complaining. Also had them weld the brackets.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I put a Progress rear sway bar in that was really noisy when new, especially going slow over bumps. It took a while but it eventually "broke in", it still makes some noise but not nearly as much...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Had same problem on my 2007. Garage used regular grease first 2 tries then I read on here about marine grease and it worked. Did not eliminate it completely but much better. My wife stopped complaining. Also had them weld the brackets.
I think welding the brackets is key, been planning to do that to mine as they clunk and squeak backing out of the driveway and over speed bumps (everything tight btw)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did lube it with the marine grease, and it works like a dream no more noise at all... the next upgrade is rear disc conversion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts