Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the steeda sway bar for the mk3 St for my mk3 se. I'm hesitant though since I can not find conformation on if it will fit my focus. Is the geometry for the se the same as the St? If so will the bar bolt on? I'm new here so I apologize of this is the wrong place for this.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
It will not fit. Steeda makes one for the MK3 non ST. if you look at the two you can tell they are different just from the pictures.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate the help and recommendation!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ST version mounts the ends much closer to the wheels, std. MkIII rear suspension is more similar to prev. editions with the end links going to the rear arms inside of the springs.

I'll move this to the Brakes, Suspension & Chassis section for reference.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I will say the Steeda rear sway bar for the N/A mk3 is a great mod. i just installed it on mine last week. I would definitely recommend it. just make sure you get the right one. it's the one for the 12-14 mk3.

this is the one you want for your car.

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/steeda-ford-focus-rear-swaybar-555-1075/
Yep. Put one on mine, helps the car get pointed in the right direction around a corner a little better.

I'm going to miss the ol' Focus (bought a Miata - about the only thing I'd replace the focus with...); these really are great driving cars.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Nice. New miata? I have a good friend who does spec racing with miatas.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice. New miata? I have a good friend who does spec racing with miatas.
It's a 2000 (so, 15 yrs old...), but is in really nice shape. Mid life crisis I guess, always wanted a convertible, am still young enough to enjoy (and get in and out of a car with 3" of ground clearance) and at this point can afford it, figured what the heck.

It would be fun to race, but this will be my daily so not with this one! Perhaps I'll pursue something like Spec Miata in the not distant future, that would be fun. Heck, autocross is a hoot as it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts