Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Will the Steeda rear engine mount fit on a 06 ZX4 SE with a 2.0L Duratec?? Their website states its for the zetec, but it looks identicle to the one offered by focussport, which will fit my car. The reason I ask is I am in Canada, and live close to a steeda dealer here, so I can get the part cheaper through Steeda than ordering it from focussport, paying shipping, duty, exchange rate, etc....

·
Registered
367 Posts
brickhouseski said:
Hey all,

Will the Steeda rear engine mount fit on a 06 ZX4 SE with a 2.0L Duratec?? Their website states its for the zetec, but it looks identicle to the one offered by focussport, which will fit my car. The reason I ask is I am in Canada, and live close to a steeda dealer here, so I can get the part cheaper through Steeda than ordering it from focussport, paying shipping, duty, exchange rate, etc....
Yes it is the same part. It will fit.

I to live very close to a Steeda dealer here in Toronto. Where abouts are you? I live right at Don Mills and Sheppard by Fairview mall. I've been trying to find others with from Toronto to possibly hook up with. I'm sure we could learn a lot from one another. Besides just getting together and seing a bunch of nice foci all in one spot.[:D]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in the london area, st. thomas actually.

·
Registered
367 Posts
brickhouseski said:
Im in the london area, st. thomas actually.
Got any pics of your ride? Mine are in my photo gallery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no yet, im new to this. I dont have much to show yet, just some gorund wires in the engine bay, tinted windows, and a momo shift knob. I am working on putting in fog lights now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
brickhouseski said:
no yet, im new to this. I dont have much to show yet, just some gorund wires in the engine bay, tinted windows, and a momo shift knob. I am working on putting in fog lights now.
What are gorund wires? Are you driving a stick or auto?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are extra wires attached to the negative battery terminal, engine block, and chassis, to better ground the car. and it is a manual, or course [:D]

·
Registered
367 Posts
brickhouseski said:
they are extra wires attached to the negative battery terminal, engine block, and chassis, to better ground the car. and it is a manual, or course [:D]
did you notice a difference? why would the factory not do this? looks like a easy cheap thing for them to do to increase mileage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true, but when you factor in shipping, exchange rates, and duties, it will be cheaper for me to drive to get it from steeda here in canada then to buy and ship it from focus sport in the USA.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
can u take picks of the wires u changed out because i want to do the ground mod but i cant find where they are on the block and chassis so please can u hook me up on this did u have to break up any wire bundles to traace the wires please help me out man send me a PM or something

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pics will be on the way soon, i hope. it is still a work in progress. there is no engine block ground wire, so you just basically need to attach a wire to the block, and the other end to the chassis.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would the other engine mounts (passanger and driver side) from Steeda fit the duratec 2.0 as well. Again, Steeda's side lists that they are for the zetec, and again I am looking at steeda because I can get them cheaper that from focussport.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.