Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday i got my new steeda focus catalog and noticed that alot of duratec parts have jumped in price, the cossie intake manifold was 689.00, now 700 and some change. anybody know why???

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
My guess is christmas markup, or maybe the price of production/materials whent up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Probably material prices. Being in the automotive industry, I have seen material prices skyrocket in the last year.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well acording to my 00-07 focus catalog a set a speed bleeders were 5 and some change, the new catalog has them priced at 8 and some change. those things are about the size of a penny. im wondering if other companies are going to jump there prices as well. really im not mad or what ever, god knows that i can afford 5-30 more dollers for a part if im upgrading. no big deal. just wondered if anybody else noticed the prices jumping up.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
More than likely jacking the price up because of the holidays and then in a few weeks you will get a new catalog that had the old prices and you think your getting a bargain.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
meh, everything is going up lately...batteries have almost doubled in price the past few months...

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ everything is going up but gas. but im sure gas will go back up in the summer when there is a big demand for it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Jumped up due to the weak dollar, I already emailed them about it two months ago.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
bullshit, the weak dollar. have you seen the exchange rate lately? It's the best it has been in awhile...

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
It is called inflation. This happens. Look at the price of stuff 5 years ago. Things where a bit cheaper.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
I say they're just adjusting their prices because fewer people are buying them. Cost/volume/profit analysis was re-worked

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
Mave - ya just wait untill we have to pay for all the money that the government is giving away then it will be super inflation. a loaf of bread will be like $10

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^ that makes scence. i think they just need to come out with somthing that nobody else has. look at there 65mm tb , why buy a 65mm when you can buy the cfm 67mm tb. now if they could make a 67mm tb that wasnt so touchy ( everyone says its touchy and hard to drive a mtx) then they would have me sold. but with companys that have bigger and better products out there , why would you buy less. steeda has a new production line beeing put in , in gorgia so we will see what they have to offer in a year or two.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
there was a guy political analyst on the local news here and he said that the governments throwing money at this problem is the WOST thing that they could do. why?? because someone has to pay it back and guess who that will be you and me.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
It's impossible to get out of debt too, because there more debt there is, the more money is printed, and printing money creates debt, so it's one hell of a vicious cycle :(

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^ this i know, thats why i still havent spent my last check the goverment gave me . it just sits in my savings account earning intreast.lol

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
yeah prices are jumping everywhere in febuary my friend bought a universal high flow cat for 75 same one a few months ago was going for 150 iirc that sucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts