Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea the steeda is a SRI(short ram intake), the FS is a true CAI. The FS will give you more hp and better performance, but if you are in an area that rains/floods alot you might want to get the steeda.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
unless you are driving in a pond or lake, the FS or f2 or even a cossie if you can find one will be the best for you.....just my opinion......

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
check duratec sticky threads made by honhon at the top of this forum for all information dealing with CAI's ;)

full CAI FTW! :-D

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i think im just going to delete my stickied threads... they have no use for anyone.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
hahaha! No way! You put together some great info. Maybe the mod's shoulda let the CAI sticky on the main page of the duratec forum instead of putting it in the "duratec sticky threads" group so people could see it easier.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i am a moderator. lol... i just dont want to differentiate our section from the others... i understand the "higher up" mods want it to be less cluttered

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ugh. i know. i now just ignore these 'cai' or 'exhaust' question threads, as all the info is already here, answered over and over again. thing is, there are not many new threads in the DT perf. section which do NOT relate to either of the two subjects. honhon did a LOT of work on them. honhon, couldnt the site force people that have under a certain amount of posts to use the adv. search and/or click thru the stickied threads b4 posting a new thread of their own? i mean, would that work? do i even make sense?

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
well we do have alot of sticky threads and the organization is nice.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ugh. i know. i now just ignore these 'cai' or 'exhaust' question threads, as all the info is already here, answered over and over again. thing is, there are not many new threads in the DT perf. section which do NOT relate to either of the two subjects. honhon did a LOT of work on them. honhon, couldnt the site force people that have under a certain amount of posts to use the adv. search and/or click thru the stickied threads b4 posting a new thread of their own? i mean, would that work? do i even make sense?

--whoops, i forgot to add some helpful info, my bad....

get a cai. much better for power, no heatsoak, more in-line for the stoichiometric readings of the maf, etc. the only drawback is the hydrolock issue, and i wont address that. theres plenty of debate on that already.

look into the HPS intake too. its only 149 shipped.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've seen a forum somewhere that MADE new members read ALL the stickies before they could make their first post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too am sick of the same intake and exhaust questions. I wish we could limit new members too only read and not post for the first month. Is this possible?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
I too am sick of the same intake and exhaust questions. I which we could limit new members too only read and not post for the first month. Is this possible?
you urself are new. but if htey can limit when rep points count (not til about 150 posts fyi), im guessing they can limit it as you noted.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I don't think its entirely their fault anymore. Whoever decided to consolidate all the stickies under one thread that you have to open to see them shouldn't have. It is much easier to open the forum, see the stickies and click on one. I know it says "read first" or whatnot but honestly if I was new to a forum, I would think it was a rules thing or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts