Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have found out that my high mileage focus wagon has fallen victim to the cold start wobbles, so I need to replace the motor mounts. I dont want to skimp and get burned by having to buy the same parts twice, but at the same time i don't like buying stuff just for the name. I saw that steeda had all the 3 mounts, but wow...pricey! I guess if anyone has the steeda mounts, how are they? and if they arent worth the money, what is the best recommended mounts? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I have all 3 VF Engineering mounts (basically the same thing) the vibration at idle is a bit more than normal but I can up my idle to take care of that. if nothing else is done to the car it will be over kill.

Get Ford OEM Motorcraft parts from the dealer for the side mounts and get the poly rear dog bone mount and that will keep you good for a good while and not change the vibrations much.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^This. x's 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, is there any difference between the svt and the zetec motor mounts? i try to upgrade where I can but if they are the same part or not doable/worth it Ill probably just get as needed

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Get OEM. Most aftermarket rubber is a bunch of baloney and blow up all the time.

I got aftermarket rubber ones w/ lifetime warranties so I just exchange them.

Its just work.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
SVT ones are no different other than the driver side which is completely different in design and will not fit. No upgrade in that route.

do you care about vibrations at idle? if not go VF all around. car will not have wheel hop (or at least much less of it) and much firmer shifts. if you have the stock air box I dont think the VF driver side will work but the steeda one will ( might have that backwards).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
SVT ones are no different other than the driver side which is completely different in design and will not fit. No upgrade in that route.

do you care about vibrations at idle? if not go VF all around. car will not have wheel hop (or at least much less of it) and much firmer shifts. if you have the stock air box I dont think the VF driver side will work but the steeda one will ( might have that backwards).
Yea you do, the Steda one you need to modify the airbox where the VF dsm is a direct bolt in.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Thanks for that correction, I thought it might have been the other way around.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I have the vf engineering one, which works great. I really didn't notice the vibes as I thought I would. Probably will w/ the psm mount.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you would like a forum discount code ... feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, we like to give back to the forums & the members.

Best Regards,

TJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts