Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im about to get one next week..but now im reading post's about stalling because of sucking in hot air...is it worth getting??? thanks...jmeb

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hey i have this intake and have never stalled once.

·
Registered
39 Posts
it wont give you the same power as other intakes out there. the FocusSport cool-flo has a heat shiled to help prevent heat soak (although you will still have some)

best power intakes are:
AEM long tube
Pipercross
Focus Sport Cool-Flo
Volant
Iceman

If I were you I'd save my money and get at least the Focussport or iceman piece... I know the Steeda one is cheap, but there's better out there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no one has had a problem with heatsoak...just dont want to stall out in traffic and die...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hmm. Which intake are you getting?

I thought the supposed "heat soak" issue was only said to be related to the '04-'05 Steeda Intake:

But you have an '04 youngkal, which means you will be using a different Steeda intake:

No matter, because both these intakes are of the SRI type design (Short Ram Intake), in that they do not pull in "cold" air from underneath the engine bay.

And the SRI design is said to lose 4-5 hp over an actual CAI (Cold Air Intake) designed intake.

Anyways, I've been using the '05-'06 version Steeda Intake on my '06 ST, and have not encountered any type of "stalling" or "stumbling" (and we just had one pretty hot summer).

That's my .02!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
I love my volant tho it cost twice as much, but he they make a hood just for it annd it gives way better numbers then CAI but my bro has steeda for svt focus and theres been no problem just keep them clean and never use a air hose on them keep it up and your engine will be fine.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
lowzx3on17s
What I Drive: 2001 Twilight Blue ZX3

DUDE I LIVE IN Port Saint Lucie im going to stuart tommorow after football practice to get my car dynotuned we should meet dude the shop is mac donald motorsports in stuart. Mabey you can run me if you want ill have my system in i think should be eazy race for you.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i have a steeda short ram tube wit an SVT airbox and snorkle and i have heard that it was proven to actually make more power then the volant and everything else. i run it with a k&n filter. its quiet but when you get on it my car just opens up.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I have a KN filter on the stock MAF/intake tube with a heat shield around the filter that I made. I don't have any stalling problems (I have an ATX, so it may be different with an MTX and you push the clutch in/neutral). On super hot days it would stumble at idle, but with the heat shield I pretty much erradicated that problem. It still bogs off of idle (but nowhere near as much as it did before the heat shield).

With just about any SRI, I think there will be a small amount of bogging off of the line. But as far stalling, it really shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts