Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright!!
Im almost down to the wire on this. I would love to put the volant intake but it is 249.99 (cheapest i found). But i also was reading on focus fanatic mag that the steeda is not bad and its only 179.00.Your input would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
The heat sheilding provided by the Volant's airbox is an advantage over the Steeda. Living in Florida, I suspect underhood heat will be more of an issue for the Steeda in city driving. I ran a MAC...which can be had for much less than the Steeda...and is a great kit. But in city driving with temps in the high 80's...power was down compared to the stock airbox...which I put back on. The Steeda will perform great in the winter...as will the Volant...but as temps increase, the Volant will start to gain the advantage. Ofcourse, the Volant has the openning for an induction/ram air hood too, but not many people can toss a buch of money at a hood for a few ponies...but it leaves the door open. Although...a Polished Steeda intake and spark plug wire cover would look nice under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts