1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
X2 on the bs intake SRI = eh, its alota moneyz for a 8" pipe and cone filter

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the K&N Typhoon SRI...not too big of a power gain. Makes my exhaust sound louder and all the air being sucked into it kinda sounds like a turbo. I had some heat soak when it was real hot out. I would rather have a little heat soak then hydrolock(with my luck it would happen to me for sure if i bought a cai).

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got the Steeda intake it was on the car when i bought it. Had no problems with it so far, just one thing that kinda annoys me is that the cone filter always hits my engine mount and makes some annoying noise

·
Registered
594 Posts
I run an AEM CAI during the spring summer & fall..in winter i switch to my AEM short ram.... I got lucky i think i paid $125 for both off of E-bay..& the short ram had never been used. I also picked up a AEM Dry-Flow filter off of Ebay for like $40. Bet you can tell i'm a parent with Kid's....LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
K&N Drop in Filter :) If what I have read is right your not going to see any gains from going cold air or short ram, you just going to get the really cool suck sound ;)

If I am wrong please let me know because this is the only reason I havent bought one lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the Steeda intake it was on the car when i bought it. Had no problems with it so far, just one thing that kinda annoys me is that the cone filter always hits my engine mount and makes some annoying noise
try putting a small piece of rubber between the cone and wherever it's hitting, that's what i did. it's not completely gone, but much less annoying

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the Steeda SRI..Larger diameter piping then the K&N and the AEM. I found a K&N heat shield and put it on so I am not drawing so much hot air and whatnot. I have never been let down by Steeda. i would say go with them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just shoved mine as far towards the fuse box as possible and tightened everything down very tight and it all went quiet.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
which is the better intake for short ram steeda or aem?
you have an SVT..... those have like the greatest air flow of them all.... keep the stock box, and get one of those K&N drop in filters....
if you don't want to do that for some reason lol.... go with steeda, it'll be way better than that stupid looking AEM intake (no offense, guys at AEM lol)

I'd say though, if you can get one for the SVT, go with the Volant... [thumb] but again, the drop in filter's the best way to go...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rock the powder coated to match AEM short ram. I get a real nice sound with the Borla cat-back and for some reason, I believe it to be a throttle body crack, I get this turbo-like hiss around 4000 rpm. Great looking and doesn't interfere with the a/f ratio whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
the steeda sri is very nice sounding, but you can beat a K&N drop in

·
Registered
53 Posts
The only problem with AEM is that it takes around 25 days for shipping I still waiting ... is somewhere in New Jersy that was the last e-mail :(

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
volant CAI FTW...i loved mine on my ZX3 and didnt want to mod the snorkel to fit in it so i sold it and got a K&N drop in which is amazing

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
The only problem with AEM is that it takes around 25 days for shipping I still waiting ... is somewhere in New Jersy that was the last e-mail :(
If your still looking for an AEM SRI I have one for sale.. Its Silver with a DryFlow Filter... Ill sell it to you for 80+shipping
Let me know... And as you can see from my BUY SELL ratings you can trust me.. I only do Paypal though..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts