Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
The exhaust system is model specific i.e. anything that fits the MK1 ZX3 will fit the SVT which is the MK1 ZX3 platform. All three items = the exhaust manifold, CAT and the flex pipe on the ZX3 are different than the header, CAT and flex pipe on the SVT. Both flex pipes terminate in the exact same location allowing any piping after the flex pipe i.e. all CAT back systems to interchange. That's why it's desirable to switch the SVT header onto the ZX3 but the swap requires addressing the CAT & flex pipe issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Focus112, which flange of the flex pipe are you referring to. The inlet to the flex pipe (which connects to the outlet of the CAT section) is SVT specific. The outlet flange of the flex pipe (which connects to the inlet of the exhaust system) is the standard two bolt type which means it will bolt up to all standard exhaust systems (i.e. CAT back systems). Is this not correct ???

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
No, the spacing of the two holes is wider on the svt. That is why you will see a SVT specific exhaust from each manufacturer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts