Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking at getting a cf hood and i know alot of ppl have the steeda one...my question is does the steeda hood have a skeleton in it??? and if anyone has this hood can they please take a picture of the under side

thanks
Sean

·
Registered
531 Posts
dont have a steeda one but im sure that it will have a skeleton due to it being a requirement for strength. im sure it will be similar to the factory skeleton as far as depth due to it being a higher quality. i have seen cheaper ones that have a really deep skeleton that hits when trying to close. most of the time you have to cut the cheap ones skeleton out and that leaves you with a hood that vibrates in and out due to no support.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Most if all CF hoods have an underside support system, for rigidity, it's not just a top layer, and i'm sure the steeda's the same, the ViS I had was sturdy as ever....

·
Registered
585 Posts
^^^^ I can account that the VIS is stiff as hell I got it with hood struts. Even as light as the hood is it doesn't feel like it's gonna break or crack when it's pushed down.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok great thanks guys!!! what would you guys suggest steeda or VIS

EDIT: i also dont want hood pins i want the stock latch if that makes a difference

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the VIS hood and it is sturdy and rigid as all get out. Its quality is well worth the price. I recommend the VIS.

·
Registered
531 Posts
go with vis, ive installed several vis and they line up and fit close to factory.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it says that the VIS hood REQUIRES hood pins i dont want hood pins has nayone installed this hood without hood pins??? same as the steeda has anyone installed it without hood pins?? if so can you post pictars please and thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts