Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting a cai and im looking at the steeda because for 2 reasons i like were it sits and the other is that i cant hydrolock my motor cause around here in lorain and elyria the damn streets are always flooded then there is alot of rain so yeah what do you all think will i notice this upgrade or not. and plus thats my first upgrade than im going to get the trubenz 2.5 inch exhaust so what do you all think is the steeda worth the money or does anyone have any suggestiong for a cai that i cant hydrolock.

·
Registered
759 Posts
AEM with a bypass

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does the bypass function work?

wow 330 bucks heh

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's basically a foam piece that'll catch any water before it can get into the intake manifold and f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] some s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up....

·
☼
7,494 Posts
REMEMBER

The CAI filter has to be FULLY submerged for the BPV to work. If there is a small part of the filter not submerged, the filter will still suck up all that air.

Plus, you can't fit a BPV on a Duratec AEM CAI.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so steeda or sri is still the way to go right?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
well coming from someone that has hydrolocked their duratec before....yeah i wold say sri/steeda i live and texas and it rarely rains heavily but it did once and i wasnt expecting it so yeah.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
than that sounds like the one ill be getting ive kinda been waiting to get one though so that i can get the exhaust x2cal and steeda cai at the same time so i notice mad diffrences

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
the steeda works great sounds good and it is the loudest cai ive heard. you wont be dissapointed. good luck.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah, over priced. I've heard more about hydrolock on these forums than I think I EVER have tuning my other car. Really makes me wonder if Ford's design is lacking somewhere or if people just have habits of hitting puddles, fully submerging their filters and plodding through like oh well. Just odd I've never heard of this from Mitsubishi owners with CAI, and they ranged from AEM, to Injen, and Iceman, Arospeed, and yatta yatta. Only one that I know of that offered the bypass was AEM too. Oh well. If Steeda can produce some good numbers, go that route. But I think for a SRI, it's really over priced too. Not right when a FS CAI is $199 and Steeda is $229 and the numbers are lacking.
[???:)]

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
... Oh well. If Steeda can produce some good numbers, go that route. But I think for a SRI, it's really over priced too. Not right when a FS CAI is $199 and Steeda is $229 and the numbers are lacking.
[???:)]
Yes, the numbers are "lacking" when compared to a CAI ...

But with the Steeda unit, you also get a brand new billet aluminum CNC machined MAF sensor.

Tell me, how many CAI's come with that?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
johnzim63 said:
Let's be honest here: It's really the bling factor of the nice shiney heatshield w/logo that sells this thing. [;)]
Sure, it looks nice, but I'm about as "anti-bling" as they come.

My former '04 SRT-4 had stayed 100% visually stock, as will my current Focus ST.

So for me, the reason that I got the Steeda is because of ...

H Y D R O L O C K

·
Registered
696 Posts
firemanfrank said:
Yes, the numbers are "lacking" when compared to a CAI ...

But with the Steeda unit, you also get a brand new billet aluminum CNC machined MAF sensor.

Tell me, how many CAI's come with that?

Not worth $30 bucks to me. Actually more since the SRI is shorter and has less HP/Tq.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
Not worth $30 bucks to me. Actually more since the SRI is shorter and has less HP/Tq.
Question: What is a hydrolocked engine worth?

Answer: Not much.

So that $30 extra for a Steeda intake is looking better and better, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would have to say frank is right its worth the 30 dollers or even a little more to get the steeda cause the damn hydrolock and it looks 100times nicer than the other ones.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Im just curious do y ou guys not have that plastic box surrounding your CAI? Because In order for me to get water into that box i would have to sit in a puddle at least 6 inches high and wait for it to fill up that box.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts