Votes: 7 46.7%
  • MBRP cat-back system

Votes: 8 53.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost positive that these are the brands I want to go with, having said that, which mod should i make first, the CAI or the Cat-back?

I will probably end up getting both of these, but when I get the first one it'll be a couple months till i get the next.

So which should I get first for my DOHC 2.0L Auto?

thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I voted Steeda.

Get rid of that OEM monstrosity of an intake!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
firemanfrank said:
I voted Steeda.

Get rid of that OEM monstrosity of an intake!
+1...nice SAP btw...i want some :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
The intake will do more for you performance wise. But the exhaust will look, and sound cooler. I had this same issue, I new I was going to do both but it was going to be a few months between them. I ended up doing the exhaust first just because that lunch box was so ugly and it had to go. Now I have both and happy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I vote cat-back since it's a tad bit more expensive due to shipping. Then hopefully it won't take you too long to save up for the intake.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys, i'll probably do the intake first (work my way from front to back [:D])

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah then you can do side to side. (joke..)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have both. I'd say the Steeda SRI "felt" a little more responsive afterwards, but the MBRP has a nice sound you can always enjoy with or without the intake. Also, I have my MBRP spliced in after my 2nd cat. It still sounds great and is deeper than it was when I ran it w/o the cat. I got tired of the noise even after installing some sound deadening so I put the cat back in and spliced it together. Now, its almost perfect. Nice sound when accelerating, but not too loud at steady speeds on the highway.

You can't really go wrong with either mod.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok I have both of these installed and I put the SRI on first and noticed mybe a slight increase in reving but I really couldn't tell for sure. However once I put the MBRP on (from the flex back) I noticed a nice increase in pull after 4000rpms. these guys that are telling you that you'll get more from the Steeda SRI are WRONG!

Be warned though the the MBRP with the SRI is very loud at sertain rpms. 2000 and 3000 give a very bassy harmonic when not on the gas hard.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, thanks for the help, i still haven't got either yet, now im kinda leaning towards the mbrp since it is pretty well the same price, it'll give a little boost and it sounds sexy

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd go with the MBRP first... then wait for a better intake to come out. I'm waiting for the Volant box design to be released, that will kick the Steeda's ass, but if you can't wait for their design, the Steeda would be my second choice.

Good choices overall... you seem to be on the right path to a properly, and tastefully modded car... unlike many we are forced to see (on the road, and net).

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's even better to wait and both at same time and enjoy double the fun!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts