Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 06 ZX3 with the 2.0 DURATEC. I want to put a CAI on it and I was looking at the one from Steeda. Is this a good unit or should I be looking at another?
Also, what will a CAI do to my warrenty? I plan on taking it to the dealer for all of the service so it's all documented and I don't want to have warrenty problems. Thanks for any help!

-Brian

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scratch the warrenty question, I just read another thread about that. I'm still interested about the Steeda CAI. Thanks!

-Brian

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
short answer no.

long answer is depends on if you don't piss people off at your dealership. ie: if you take it in for all matiance you are more likely to have good lukc with them being less hesitant to fix it, than you would if you did everything yourself.
talk to the techs there... it is up to the tech, no one else.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Expect to be slower :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is a great little intake!

gains were better than my first "home-made" CAI

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
the steeda is not a CAI its a ram air there is a difference. and yes it does depend on the dealer. i know at my local dealer as soon as they saw the intake they said they wouldnt fix anything, but i went to the dealer where i bought the car and they still were hessitant but they still fixed the car (well looked into the problem)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do you get similar performance gains with the ram air intakes/short ram? CAIs seem to be dangerous in the wet, and no good in the winter.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My AEM cold air intake in my Focus was fine in the rain, and it was great in the wintery months. I was hesitant about driving through water that came up to my splash guards, but I drove through snow 12"+ deep.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That would really scare me though. Its has got to be easy to get water into that thing! Do those bypass valves really work?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
ok i know u seem totaly ok with your CAI but thikn of it this way there has been what 5 people on hear that we know of that got water in there CAI just from regular daily driving and i have personaly seen it happen twice, as where there have been no cases of water getting into a SRI unless the car is in water up to the windows. ill take my 99.9% chances of never hapening with the SRI then the chances of the CAI

·
Registered
22 Posts
At my local dealership, I used to work there and talked alot with the Manager of the Service Dept and he is a huge mustang fan with some severely modded 'stangs, he told me it won't void the warranty if you just keep the filter clean. He even went on to tell me how to "properly" clean the filter. Really nice guy and he shed alot of light on what voids and what is ok if properly maintained and done correctly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's definitely good to have a friend at the dealership. Nothing voids your warranty. Ask that old lady with the moustache in the service department out and you're set.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have had a cossie CAI on mine for years and never had any problem with water I also by the way live in the boondocks. This means I don't actually have a road it is a farmers path along his fields pretty much with a stone here and there but I agree don't drive through water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts