Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a while back I posted about intakes. I'm about to pull the trigger on steeda's intake since they're 20% off. But first can anyone provide confirmation that this intake can fit on a SE
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-focus-st-cold-air-intake-13-15-st-555-3169
I wanted this because it's the same price, but the box has the scoop to take place of the rubber intake feed tubes. Only thing I can see modding is the silicone tube or possibly just not using that tube.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know a while back I posted about intakes. I'm about to pull the trigger on steeda's intake since they're 20% off. But first can anyone provide confirmation that this intake can fit on a SE
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-focus-st-cold-air-intake-13-15-st-555-3169
I wanted this because it's the same price, but the box has the scoop to take place of the rubber intake feed tubes. Only thing I can see modding is the silicone tube or possibly just not using that tube.

You’ll probably have to mod or use the stock elbow but the box/scoop should fit just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my thoughts as well, I just wanted to get a consensus if I could before purchasing. Like I mentioned, I may be able to cut the silicone tube to fit for a clean look. But if I have to use the existing tube, I will and just find another option later on like the diy aluminum tubes for intakes.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
That steeda unit looks pretty good imo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I just ordered it, along with a hood latch, hood release lever, and a shorty antenna. Black Friday deals with PayPal credit is dangerous. Haha

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Show us pics when its installed, I like that scoop setup towards the filter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely. I'll post the pictures on this thread. Hopefully Sunday or Monday. Package is due Friday, but I'll be out of town for thanksgiving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, it's been very long since I've updated. But been very busy, then the ridiculous cold weather. But I have finally made an installation...And it wasn't steeda. Although the moulded box was appealing basic stuff like the aluminum mount for the filter would not align with the holes on the box. So I sent it back out of frustration of poor quality in my opinion for the price. And since installed K&N...which fit perfectly and runs great. I did keep other steeda accessories that fit like a shorty antenna, hood release on the interior, and hood latch release under the hood...all in black.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts