Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1198173#post1198173

tells about my story at the track.

anyways. i used my cai for a f ew runs, then switched out to SRI(i have the MAF tube cut in half...and i can just use a coupler to put it back together, no cels or anything.)

i ran 10.8x @63 every time with CAI, then [email protected](pulled better), with a best of 10.7 with sri.

sorry guys no timeslips to prove...but i'm not lying lol.

just so you guys know this is with 109 degrees weather and an automatic transmission, on a halfway melted track(just read that thread)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Its amazing man. I ran like 10.3x Almost identical upgrades. CAI, 2.25 exhaust. I ran 10.3x lol. Gues temperature makes a huge difference, lol. Some guys were impressed of how my engine sounded, said they didnt suspect it from a focus. I really cant wait till i get turbo, then youll be droping some jaws. My focus was fast compared to what other things were running. They had a bunch of 12+'s. Question on test and tune days is it just street cars or are there dragsters there too. Because I really dont feel like goin to a test and tune with dragsters. I went deaf last time they were feeding us between the dragsters lol. One took off right in front of me man my car shook, lol.

BTW wut is the best pressure to run tires at. I got four new brand purelli's will this hurt my time at all?

Get those videos up!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have pirellis too. my tires are already low so i just didnt air mine up lol. i'm not sure about the details, i just know that if you lower them a bit you get better traction, but less mpg. i doubt brand new tires ruin your time.

dont know about test and tune days, i've only been on street legal or whatever its called.

wat temp was it when you ran those times? when i had less mods, in winter, i ran 10.6 consistently and 10.4 was my best. lol. i hate hot weather.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It was prolly little under 90. Well if i decide to go friday ill post times. But im leaving for LSU sunday :) Lol, first year in college and bit nervouse but if i find the time ill run. did they give you guys time slips? Do you pick the guy you want to run against?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Texas is friggin ridiculously hot right now 105 yesterday and today who knows? I'll be waiting untill jan. or feb to run at my local track. still got a few mods I want to do before going. ;D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Here are a few things to consider: you're getting more practice, so of course your times will improve; temps may have cooled slightly, tires may have gotten better as you exposed fresh rubber that hadn't been on public roadways, the car got lighter as you burned fuel.

There are a number of other factors I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would say from reading your other thread, that it was becuase you were learning the track. You said that the track was horrible, so I am guessing that all of the runs with the CIA, were runs that you were still learning the feel of the track and how to make the best of it. So by the time you changed intakes you were at your best. You can also factor in all of those other little factors, especially if it is cooling down. The cooler the air the better you car will run.

As for the air pressure i would say 20-25psi would be the lowest to go, anything less would not help on a street tire. Also the rears would be higher than stock psi, since you want the least amount of tire on the ground for less drag.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah , i still am learning how to launch and getting my reaction time better...i think last time at the track my best was like 1.6 or something, but this is my third time at the track. but i know something was wrong with the track, because i rarely ever spin out, especially that much, i have almost brand new pirellis on my front end. seriously, you shouldve been there, if you go on a dirt road and from a stand still just gun it, thats how it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts