Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car at a dealership that was supposed to be a good place to buy, and have good service. Turns out they screw up everything they touch. They forgot to update the MFT before purchase, so had to get it done and it took 7 hours. Then the tires were filled with Nitro. I kept getting a TPMS warning on the car, but they said it was fine no reason. Finally took it to a tire store, and turns out the car needed 39psi, they put in 30. That is just crazy. There were more issues, but I already found a new one to do service. I won't go back. I never thought of checking tire pressure on a new car, but I recommend it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Delivery""

Always take a third party, give them a list of things to check:-
Body, Tires/Pressure, Inside Upholstery, Fuel Gauge & All Dials, Body panels,
Check All Doors Lock/Unlock, Test Drive & Tell the third party to Refuse to let you sign until YOU are 100% happy..
My dealer was going crazy, he said it's a new car with a warranty, I said OK, will you pay my time & expenses for anything I find needs attention in the next 48hours if I take as is? He said Oh No..We continued our own PDi...
Don't be dazzled by a shiny new car..check check check...It's YOUR money.[wiggle]

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought my car at a dealership that was supposed to be a good place to buy, and have good service. Turns out they screw up everything they touch. They forgot to update the MFT before purchase, so had to get it done and it took 7 hours. Then the tires were filled with Nitro. I kept getting a TPMS warning on the car, but they said it was fine no reason. Finally took it to a tire store, and turns out the car needed 39psi, they put in 30. That is just crazy. There were more issues, but I already found a new one to do service. I won't go back. I never thought of checking tire pressure on a new car, but I recommend it.
Did you mean to post the name of the dealer?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Body, Tires/Pressure, Inside Upholstery, Fuel Gauge & All Dials, Body panels,
Check All Doors Lock/Unlock, Test Drive & Tell the third party to Refuse to let you sign until YOU are 100% happy..
My dealer was going crazy, he said it's a new car with a warranty, I said OK, will you pay my time & expenses for anything I find needs attention in the next 48hours if I take as is? He said Oh No..We continued our own PDi...
Don't be dazzled by a shiny new car..check check check...It's YOUR money.[wiggle]
Yes, we checked everything but the tires, because they took the car in to do the NITRO while we were waiting for it. I have had it in other cars, and it is an easy change over, so didn't think they could screw it up. Either the equipment is really off, which seems unlikely given that all 4 tires were at the exact same amount, or no one bothered to see how much they should put into the tires.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I never thought of checking tire pressure on a new car, but I recommend it.
Wow...

It is one on the first things that I did after I got the car.

Assuming that the tire pressure was set correctly at the dealership is not a good idea.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Why did you go to a tire shop to check your problem? TPMS light means get out your tire gauge and check the pressure. There's a sticker on the door jamb that says what it should be. Please tell me you check your tire pressure from time to time even if they don't look like they're low on air.

You seem to be nitpicking over a couple minor things. Are people really going this soft?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi SELguy,

I received your PM this morning, but got an error message that you may have chosen not to receive private messages when I went to reply. I have a few additional questions, if you can adjust the ability to receive them. Also, please include your phone number when you reply. Thanks! [:)]

~Natasha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did you go to a tire shop to check your problem? TPMS light means get out your tire gauge and check the pressure. There's a sticker on the door jamb that says what it should be. Please tell me you check your tire pressure from time to time even if they don't look like they're low on air.

You seem to be nitpicking over a couple minor things. Are people really going this soft?
Nitpicking on a 26k car? That's unacceptable when people don't deliver as promised, or up to spec. I paid extra to get NITRO because we have had better luck with it in all of our cars, you also are expected to test it less frequently, and the tire gage didn't read the pressure properly. In my job if I deliver something that poorly, I'd lose my license from the state.

They didn't deliver as promised. The car wasn't up to date, the tires were off, they didn't even know how to demonstrate Sync, or that it had to be registered. If you don't know the product, you fail at your job.

You may call it nitpicking, but next time something goes wrong, don't stand up for yourself, just bend over.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
you need to recheck your tire pressure, IDK what it is for a 2012 focus, but 39 is wayy to high, 30 to 32 psi is the range you should be in, as thats the range for most cars, if your TPMS light is on at these pressures then something is wrong with the system. As someone said there is a sticker somewhere on the car (older foci have it on the inside of the gas door, but could be on a door jam or on the trunk) to find the proper tire pressure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No if he has a Titanium with 234/40/18 tires it calls for 39 psi on the door sticker. I have the same model and this is what the door decal states, and I even confirmed this with Michelin.

It is odd that every time I take the car to the dealer they change the psi to 35, I guess even Ford employee's don't like to read the door decals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you need to recheck your tire pressure, IDK what it is for a 2012 focus, but 39 is wayy to high, 30 to 32 psi is the range you should be in, as thats the range for most cars, if your TPMS light is on at these pressures then something is wrong with the system. As someone said there is a sticker somewhere on the car (older foci have it on the inside of the gas door, but could be on a door jam or on the trunk) to find the proper tire pressure.
sticker says 39

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
you need to recheck your tire pressure, IDK what it is for a 2012 focus, but 39 is wayy to high, 30 to 32 psi
They're all different on the different wheel sizes. Mine with 16s require 35psi. I thought I read the 17s or 18s are 37 or 39psi.

Darknight, I'm not trying to offend you, but I don't see where you stood up for yourself. You're making your complaint on a forum. Did you make a complaint with the dealership? In all honesty if you stood up for yourself you wouldn't have driven away with a TPMS light on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're all different on the different wheel sizes. Mine with 16s require 35psi. I thought I read the 17s or 18s are 37 or 39psi.

Darknight, I'm not trying to offend you, but I don't see where you stood up for yourself. You're making your complaint on a forum. Did you make a complaint with the dealership? In all honesty if you stood up for yourself you wouldn't have driven away with a TPMS light on.
Yes I have complained, and I am now working with the GM, but so far they don't really seem to care.

I didn't drive away with it on. It was not on when we drove the car, it came on after 20 miles, which makes me wonder about the sensitivity. Then we went in, it was in shop, reset, and drove off again and 20 miles later it returned. I didn't feel like going back a third time, went to a friends tire store, put it on the lift, and we checked all the tires. All were at 29.8lbs, well short of the 39. He did the proper pressures for me, and 200 miles later, no light.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Well I wish you the best with the car itself. Don't let the treatment from the dealership affect your overall enjoyment of the automobile.

To be honest the only thing I could ever think when seeing a commercial for Maroone is," "Get marooned at Maroone!" Apparently that should be their slogan.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 17 of 17 Posts