Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put them in 6 months ago and today I noticed that the weather stripping was completely off one of them, and 1/3 off on the other. There was already a gap between them and the windows due to bad fitment, so when the weather stripping came off, it was huge. I took them out and saw that tons of dirt had made its way underneath them, and the inside of the lights were wet from me washing the car.

Anyway, I don't recommend them. I got them as a Christmas gift and I feel horrible for switching them out, but I couldn't drive around with a foot-long piece of rubber dangling off my car or massive gaps under my lights.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
yea the dirt will always be there...sucks about the weather stripping though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was actually only light dust in there when I took the stock ones out. It was a lot worse with these. And yes, me and my dad pushed for about an hour trying to get those things to fit correctly and that was as far down as they would go. We even tightened the wingnuts until I had to use pliers to get them off again.

The insides of the lights were also soaked when I took them out. Hopefully none of that water made it down into my hatch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the same ones, but in black (not CF like yours look to be) and I have never had a problem. They fit nice, and no weatherstripping peeling. Had them for about 7 or 8 months. Take that as you will.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've noticed that some black ones will look exactly the same as one pair and cost about half the price. You probably got the real deal and I probably got a knockoff or something. But yes, they are CF.

Edit: I just looked at their box and it says:

FORD
FOUCS 2000-UP 5D
CHROMED

First off, they're not chrome, and second, they misspelled Focus on their own box.

I guess I got the imitations or something. The brand is "GENERATION 3 - Yangson Design" and not Anzo (the original brand of these lights) like I suspected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts