Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is bringing his 2004 Focus wagon home this weekend and I want to be prepared. We haven't owned it long and possibly the tailgate didn't lock when we purchased it. All the doors lock and unlock with the remote but not the tailgate, not even with the key in the lock. Before I tear it apart only to learn after the fact it was a setting or something, what have others found regarding this? Or do I simply have to remove the panel and explore? I don't know if he can hear the lock motor trying to lock it or not, he hasn't had time to tell me. Is there an override [like child-proof locks on the rear doors?] that is set incorrectly or do I need to program the remote differently?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If the KEY won't lock it, Yeah, you've got an "issue"....

START with the basics, Lube the "bleep" out of it, work it through all the permutations you can, and see if things start working B4 "tearing it apart"...

IF the wagon has the obligatory "safety release" tab, pulling that to re-set the lock B4 closing is necessary on MANY (including my sedan) that have mechanisms that don't work as smoothly as they should...

Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts