Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what the state laws where you guys are from are like with regaurds to car audio. I know in florida last year they passed a law saying that any music heard 25 ft away from your car is a ticketable offense. I think it is pretty recockulous because a stock audio system can produce sounds of that caliber.

Thoughts? Talk amungst yourselves.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm from Cali', and I'm sure the laws are the same--noise ordinances, exhausts, steroes, cars. In fact, Cali' seems to be more strict about that kinda' stuff than most other states (but for some reason, Motorcycles with exhausts that can literally be heard 1/2 a mile away don't have the same legal issues--hmm. Something awry is afoot). Anyhow, that's my two-cents...

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
i don't know the laws here in WI, but where i live it's pretty relaxed. i had my radio up pretty loud with the windows down and i went past a cop in an intersection. he had his windows down too, just looked and went on his way

·
Registered
150 Posts
as far as i can remember georgia is 100 feet. i was ticketed once as i passed a cop going in the opposite direction on a 4-lane road once. he actually turned around and chased me down. i never paid the ticket though, because i went to court to contest how he could not have possibly heard my radio, or if it was even my radio among all the other cars on the road at 5:15 pm rush traffic. needless to say, it was dropped by the judge because the cop never showed up.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
focalpointe said:
I'm from Cali', and I'm sure the laws are the same--noise ordinances, exhausts, steroes, cars. In fact, Cali' seems to be more strict about that kinda' stuff than most other states (but for some reason, Motorcycles with exhausts that can literally be heard 1/2 a mile away don't have the same legal issues--hmm. Something awry is afoot). Anyhow, that's my two-cents...
actually in cali is 50 foot. i got a ticket and was 118. second time doubles, 3rd time 3x and fourth time is a misdeminor. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up. I mean 50 feet is nothing, any stock radion, even the honda ones are better then that... hey focal, where in brentwood are ya....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
on a miliatary installaton it s hundred feet

·
Registered
398 Posts
remusrm said:
actually in cali is 50 foot. i got a ticket and was 118. second time doubles, 3rd time 3x and fourth time is a misdeminor. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up. I mean 50 feet is nothing, any stock radion, even the honda ones are better then that... hey focal, where in brentwood are ya....
Yeah it's 50 feet, and $173....

Well worth it though :0

My Ranger had 3 JL 12w6v2s among many other things and I got in trouble because I drove by a parking garage and set several alarms off...haha the ticket was worth the bragging rights though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
jerzy is 25ft too and they dont play!

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
In Wisconsin I believe it is 75ft, but I have never had problems with the police about it. I do think it is pretty rediculous that the f'in motorcycles can have their loud exhausts without any problems but we all are limited because we drive a safer vehicle...

Mike

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
here in PA i think if you can hear it within 50 feet its too loud. it was just changed not too long ago too. it's stupid because i've never seen anyone get citations and people blare their music here

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
focus_guy_03 said:
In Wisconsin I believe it is 75ft,
thats stupid... i know i got a warning at the skatepark one day from a cop cuz i had my hatch open and music blasting to ride to... he told me to turn it down and move my car from the parkinglot to the road... i obliged to the music told him no way on moving the car... just a day b4 someone had almost hit me on that road when i was parked... but the music law is crazy... like someone else said how do they know its YOU and not someone else amist the 10 or so other cars... phh id fight it... make em prove it was you

·
Registered
146 Posts
In Texas its 50 feet but who cares. Most cops here don't. I have 4 12s in my 06 hatchback so I know I can be heard at 50 feet and parked next to a cop yesterday at a light and he did not say anything.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i had a audio setup in my old car, for the most part, no problems here in Philadelphia..just as long as i didnt blatantly pull up next to a cop and crank it up. One spot here in Philly that they will get you everytime is the notorious "SOUTH STREET".they have their own police district and everything, and i have seen my best friend Steve get 3 tickets for his FACTORY radio that was in his 98 Chevy Malibu.. so their was no bass or anything really..just because they could here it outside the car. Yet when we are walking down south street we'll see wanna be gangsters in their escaldes shaking the whole damn block with their system, but do the cops approach them..noooooooooo!! but yea, for the most part, cops dont care here, as long as its not like late at night.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
focus_guy_03 said:
In Wisconsin I believe it is 75ft, but I have never had problems with the police about it. I do think it is pretty rediculous that the f'in motorcycles can have their loud exhausts without any problems but we all are limited because we drive a safer vehicle...

Mike
You now in cali the loud motorcycles were up for a debate since alot of people hate them more then the punks with sound systems. They came up with an excuse that they need it loud so the people on the fway can hear them. That is bull. They only race up and down the fway between cars like crazy, and only use their engine to pretty much bully you into moving out of the way. I am sick and tired of those harleys and indians with really really loud exhaust. My car at max is not 100db, if that. Maybe more, but sure does not feel like it. Those bikes are god damn 150dbs. I went to my friends house in Thousand oaks, white peoples town, and all they want is big trucks and bikes, pretty much west coast chopper style. The damn house ornaments were rattleing inside his house. Also, they do this at night too. Someone need to be fair about it. Yes there is some "escalades" that will make a soccer field thump, but how many of those you see in comparison with the harleys and etc...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts