Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok anyone know why i would all the sudden be feeling less power on my focus? i didnt even change a thing while this happend

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
This is going to sound stupid........but was your AC or Heat on when you noticed this?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
maybe clean the fuel injector and fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I doubt that would be it. If they were dirty, he would notice a gradual decrease in power over time; not a power decrease at one time.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
maybe electrical?? or maybe ur car pulled a crap load of timing cause of bad gas?? I dunno just a thought.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is going to sound stupid........but was your AC or Heat on when you noticed this?

nope, thats another thing, i have the thing turned over to the cool air instead of hot, and have the fan to 0 instead of on 1,2,3, or 4. it feels likes its on when it shouldn't be.

i do notice i have an oil leak and that started about 2-3 weeks ago i noticed that int he garage.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt the oil leak would rob you of power unless it was like pouring out. How do your spark plugs look?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
How many miles on your car?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
It may be a hair early, but ur timing belt may have jumped a tooth!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
do you have a cold air intake? sometimes i know if it rains alot and the filter gets damp i feel a decrease in performance.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really? hmmm how do i fix that? and what might have caused it?

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you have a cold air intake? sometimes i know if it rains alot and the filter gets damp i feel a decrease in performance.
nope its a short ram

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you have to change the timing belts every 100k or so cause they get weak and they slip or break. If thats the case, its a huge drop in power and usuall when in gear, you can't hit high rpms very well. If this is the case, then you need a new timing belt and pulleys. you can do it yourself, but its not always that easy!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
The reason why you feel air in the vents even though it's at 0, because the entrance to the cabin air system is open, so the air travels at speed and it makes it seem like the fan is working. If you press the button to close it (air recirculation) it will go away since it only recirculates air that's in the car.

Kind off topic but you asked, so yeah.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the help guys!, i found it out, i had my moms car key to the focus and its reprogrammed for her driving not mine. mine is aggressive and hers isnt, i called and ask and thats what they told me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts