Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was t-boned on the drivers side rear quarter in my 2003 ZX3 SVT. The car has only 75K miles and was pretty clean till this accident. For my dd, i have replaced it with a 2006 ZX4 ST and was going to swap parts over from my SVT. Including but not limited to; brake system, suspension, front clip (Seibon cf hood), interior (seats, console...).

HOWEVER, i was just thinking this morning of functionally repairing (no regard for cosmetics) the SVT into a Street Modified FWD class. my only experience in Solo II was in a '95 Miata R, which was very light weight rwd. I want to get back into racing and am hoping to use my SVT rather than parting it out. just a couple of pics to show the current damage. any advise on whether to race or part out to finance a different car are welcome.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
i would say it depends on if you have the time and money to fix..
or the time to part out..
or sell as a parts car if you dont got time , i have parted out 3 SVTs
and the older the MK1 gets the less demand and money people will spend on them
and the longer it takes to partout

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The rear suspension needs total replacement, but the big question is on the condition of the mounting spot for the trailing arm.

If the chassis is OK there, you can bolt on suspension & make it work.

(Dang, CA cars are clean...)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Dang, CA cars are clean...)
Well the UV gets to carbon components pretty quickly, that Seibon hood was in great shape just 5 months before that pic [V] . Also interior vinyl if not protected with tinted windows and/or covers.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
A lot of work on hands. if you love it enough, you'll get it running again, or moving at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts