Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting yesterday evening, the MyFord Touch system in my 2014 Focus ST will not play Sirius, SD, or USB for more than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, the "Entertainment" powers off. Pressing the power button starts the cycle again. If I leave the system on AM/FM it stays powered on. I haven't tested CD or Bluetooth audio yet. I have done 2 master resets and pulled the battery -- the problem remains. I stopped by the dealership this morning and they told me that 16 other cars have reported the same problem starting yesterday.

There's already a thread on this over at the Focus ST forum.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/29751-problem-sirius-radio.html

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi himmel,

I came across your post earlier, and sent it to my support for investigation. Did your SiriusXM radio perform the channel update before this started?

Rebecca

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi himmel,

I came across your post earlier, and sent it to my support for investigation. Did your SiriusXM radio perform the channel update before this started?

Rebecca
I have been having the same issue.

When listening to the Sirius it'll update from 0% to 100% very quickly, then the sound will cut off, about 30 seconds later if I switch around my presets the audio will come back but the same thing will happen again a few minutes late.

While listening to bluetooth, the sound will cut off and not come back until I switch out of bluethooth and go back.

No issues with the AM/FM radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebecca -
I did not notice the system performing a channel update before this started, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Hi himmel,

Rebecca

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rebecca,

I posted a few of the updates over on the other forum. I've been in contact with SXM several times on this, and they seem to think it is a MFT issue, but I'm skeptical - the only users affected seem to be here in the Detroit area; people from other parts of the country posting in the same thread seem to have no issue.

The symptoms are pretty similar for everyone I've seen - while listening to SXM, the radio turns off suddenly, and the screen indicates "0% Sirius Update", then "100% Sirius Update" almost immediately. I can turn the system back on with no problem, but within 20-30 seconds the cycle repeats. SXM tried refreshing the radio, but no improvement.

I'd sure appreciate any ideas!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks for all the information, everyone! I've sent it to my support and will update you if I hear anything. In the meantime, please update the thread if anything changes.

Rebecca

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for checking. I am having the same issue. I'll update if things change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chime in, having the same issue here, Detroit area.
Have performed a master reset and pulled the fuse twice, as well as did an (overdue) update.

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with Sirius thinking that your subscription had ended and it was in "preview mode" or something, where you only get ~30 seconds of listening time before it shuts off, but it spread to other media devices somehow...?

·
Registered
141 Posts
As of this morning it was still happening in my 2014 Focus ST that is under the 6 month preview. I also have a 2014 Ford Escape that I have a paid subscription on. I am not having the problem with the Escape. Maybe Coreyk is on to something with Sirius thinking the subscription has ended. I will give Sirius a call tonight when I get home from work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll chime in as well. I'm in the SE Michigan area and my '13 Focus ST (MFT v3.6.2), was doing it yesterday and this morning. Haven't tried it since. I have at least 9 months left on my current subscription. A coworker's '14 Escape Ti does not do it (on MFT v3.6.2) and the company car ('12 Edge w/ MFT v3.5.1) doesn't do it either. Friend of mine has a '14 Focus Ti and he's experiencing the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to add myself to the list, my '14 Titanium developed this issue yesterday afternoon as well, I'm also in SE Michigan.

Edit: I should note that I don't currently have an active Sirius subscription.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: As of my drive home this afternoon, my system now seems to be working correctly. I had one call drop, but it may just have been the crappy AT&T coverage. Sirius worked the entire half-hour drive with no issues. Wonder if we'll ever hear what happened?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another update -- it's fixed on my car too.

I would love to know what happened -- I'm guessing it won't be the last time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 1 month old Ti 5-dr w MFT was having this same problem all morning and afternoon. SE Mich area. On my commute home this evening all seemed ok.

Not sure what happened, but I hope it's gone for good. I was uber unhappy and thought this was a hardware issue with my brand new vehicle (which I'm otherwise thrilled with).

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I don't even use sirius anymore (the service is not great and I don't want to pay for it) and it was locking up and crashing my usb device, as well as sirius. Was able to flip to radio and back to usb but it kept locking up and not actually playing despite saying it was playing (the bar moved for time).

Why is sirius causing issues even when it's not being used?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I had this issue yesterday on my commute home betweeen 3:30 and 4:30. I did a delayed re-boot and didn't have the issue the final 15 minutes of the commute.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the updates so far! I see that this was resolved for some of you last night; how is everything this morning?

Rebecca

·
Registered
3 Posts
The system stayed on for my entire commute into work this morning. I hope the issue is killed dead, but it would be more comforting to know that someone has identified the root cause of the problem and has ensured it won't reoccur......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts