Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal.. i finished the install of the new motor (blew my stock one), everything is plugged, turbo installed, all you could think of except for the flex pipe.

Im trying to crank it so that the oil spreads everywhere in the motor (first start ever) but the car wont crank, all i get is the sound of the starter spining but nothing moves. I thought the starter could be failing so first i opened it and lubricated some parts, installed it again and nothing different happened, then i took it to an alternator and starter shop where they replaced some parts that looked worn, when connected directly to a battery it would spin normally.

Gasoline and spark is obiously not a problem here since im not trying to start it yet, just want some oil pressure.

I have been working on the car for 5hrs now and im pissed for the problem, could you please help me!!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The starter has to engage the flywheel to turn the motor.
If the starter is just spinning freely, then the starter is NOT engaging the flywheel. Maybe the flywheel in the engine is different than your original one?
Might be offset somehow? or a slightly different diameter?
Anyway that is where i would start in on it.
Or the starter part that engages the flywheel is not moving far enough? or too far to make the connection to the flywheel.
The starter to flywheel has a device that moves a bit so when the engine IS started, the starter is disengaged. maybe that part is malfunctioning?

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i totally understand the starter is not spining my flywheel, the flywheel is the same as my old motor (aluminum spec flywheel), doubt it is offset enough to cause this problem because when we installed it and the crank position sensor i did a complete turn and the distance between the CPS and the teeths in the flywheel looked pretty much the same all around, tom suggested me loosening the bolts of the starter and rotate it as much as i can and try cranking again, im halfway there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts