Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall it is going pretty well. We were able to get the tranny out tonight and then called it quits.... and we only broke two tools!!! One was a torx bit (sucks) and the other was a socket. Both were Craftsman so it's all good! The tranny really wasn't all that bad to get out. The bad part was the parts that were stuck. I will keep this updated. We want to have the install completed tomorrow. Many pics to come.

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
How long did it take you guys to get the transmission off of the engine? When my friend (who is a certified diesel tech) and I did my clutch replacement, we spent about six hours manuvering the transmission to get it clear of the subframe. Its definitely no fun...good luck, those 4.06 gears really wake up the car and the differential is well worth the money and effort. I wouldn't want to drive any FWD car without one.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
gooooood luck man...it took me and greg about 10 hours and abou 5 lbs of sweat to get that project done...so you are a better man than me...i suppose no church for you tmorrow eh? hahhah, good luck [thumb]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.