Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Start of the duratec manifold. I'm hoping this manifold will not only replace the cheap cast manifolds available from china but also fit an efr turbo

Tim

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
very nice! makes me wish id traded in for a dtec a few years back. oh well, im in too deep with the zetec to change my mind now lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks great; couple of questions. Is that a t3 flange? I know you can get efr turbos with a internal wastegate but are including or making an external wastegate an option?

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still undecided on what all options I want to offer. This manifold will be a t25 since I'm mainly concerned with using a efr 6258 or 6758. But I may have a t3 ewg option in case there is any interest. It just makes jigs much more complicated

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Looks great. Wish you were doing this 7 years ago when I made my manifold. [cheers]
At the time there were no aftermarket Duratec manifolds, and FSWerks refused to sell me their manifold.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I would have liked to have been a part of all your builds. But 7 years ago I wasn't good enough to build them like this lol

I'm hoping to get my hands on an st to build a kit for them while they are still fresh. I have a friend that just bought one but he lives 300 miles away now

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
tell him to bring his ass down and loan him the miata for a while lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks good. Like sporadic said, wish this was available when I was doing my build. I still might be interested in the t3 one though. Hopefully swapping in the hy35 here soon.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you getting a t3 housing for the hy?

Great turbo btw love my hx

·
Registered
346 Posts
On a friends rear mount setup we did, he used the tial mvs wastegate. Was thinking of doing that because of the vband style. Less chance for leaks.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool I can deff do that. I can weld in what ever gate flange you want

You got any pics of where the wg dump exit's on the car

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nothing yet. Everything got pushed back. Just mock ups for now. I have everything but pistons and gaskets for the engine build. And still need a clutch. The plan was to cut the dump tube I have it run straight down but not sure if I want to recirculate it to the dp.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would dump it if at all possible. Esp if you are planning to run 15 plus. It will help get more air out which is always good but I could understand someone running only 10psi would want it recir bc it would be opening all the time lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm planning big boost. That's why I picked that turbo they spool like a beast. Dsm guys on this are getting great numbers on high boost with really quick spool. I will run at least 15 on street but plan on doing 20+

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm running 17 right now, plan to push to 20 in the end. Full boost at 3100

1 - 20 of 53 Posts