Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep. I hate it, but given the power supply I have available it’s what i have to work with.
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Years back, I bought a Miller and the CO2 tank brand new at a swap meet. Didn’t have a clue how to weld. I found out pretty quick that it was fun though! With some practice, I got better. Gas help a lot.
I’ve actually got quite a bit of experience as a welder, I just don’t have the proper shop setup where I live now. Hopefully in a couple of years I can get 220 out to the shop and the tree in front of it cleared so I can get a car in it. I’ve got to do rockers this spring so we will be putting the ol HF buzz box to the test again. I’ve done a few mods to it that make it work better than it did at least.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haven’t seen much traffic on here lately, so I’ve been updating mostly through fb. But here’s the progress to date. Replaced the complete interior from the filthy incomplete light gray to charcoal, with new seatbelts, seats, and an 09 era mustang shift boot with reverse lockout delete. And she also rolled 395k miles. Now that the interior is mostly complete, and the weather is clearing, time to start in on the mechanics. The half shafts are both pooched and at her age, can guarantee that every component underneath needs replacing/refreshing. I’m picking up a charcoal dash tomorrow to swap out as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been doing lots of work to the old girl. Replaced the entire front end. Finally has brakes. Replaced both a arms, sway bar links, wheel bearings, hubs, rotors, calipers and pads. For some reason I can’t post pics now, the whole forum changed looks. It handles and stops perfect now. Struts and lowering springs are on the way!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ah ha! I needed to go back to full website view. Previous owner had used chain link fence bolts cross threaded to hold the drivers side caliper on. I could wiggle it half an inch side to side by hand. Replaced all that crap with brand new. I genuinely enjoy driving this car now! Only problem is, now the steering wheel it cocked 15° to the right. Eibach sportlines and new struts on the way then camber arms and an SVT rear disc swap then off to the alignment shop. Eibach sportlines came in today. Now I just need struts and tires to install them and the suspension will be done, up front anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
And on to body work and getting rid of the awful red rattle can stripe. Due to time constraints I’ll be doing it all one panel at a time. Then going back and wetsanding/ buffing the car out.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Glad to hear and see everything you are touching on the car is responding positively.

Nothing is more satisfying than benefiting from sweat equity.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Glad to hear and see everything you are touching on the car is responding positively.

Nothing is more satisfying than benefiting from sweat equity.
thanks man, I’m enjoying working on it. It oughta be a fun ride when it’s all done. Next up. Springs and struts.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts