Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my custom sub box from Stangbanger242 yesterday .

I told him to pack it so nothing gets damaged and this was what he packaged it in .

I huge box with those foam peanuts all the way to the top and then he wrapped the pieces in 3 or 4 layers of bubble wrap and had the box marked Fragile so hopefully nothing gets damaged in the shipping process.

This is the box I'm talking about

He built it in 2 sections the section without the hole in it is split so it slides over my Rear Stress bar , he left some loose carpet on it that I had to split to get it to slide over it .

This is what it looks like pieced together .

Now for some install pictures :

This is a test fitting to get an idea of how I'm gonna have to brace it up and the pieces go together .

Here I'm pointing to a bracket that he welded up and put in for a brace ,
I ended up having to drill a 1/4 inch hole in the center for a brace that I could mount it too.

Then I got to looking at a good place to mount it too and this was the only thing that didn't have anything behind it and you can get a bolt in. So I held the bracket up to it and started a hole here.

I'll edit it as I go as to now it has started raining and I don't have a garage , and its also time for me to get ready for work.

Update time , I jumped on it early this morning and got it finished up and looking as good as possible with what I have to work with .

I fabbed up a different kinda brace to hold it in place and the brace that I'm talking about still used the same hole that I drilled earlier. (brace is the gray with the tabs coming from the top)

I hate how the wires show but nothing I can do unless I build a floor to cover them up with . Which is probably what I'll end up doing later on .

This will be my 1st time using a JL Audio sub, I usually use Rockford or Mtx but I thought why not .

I've run out of time again so tomorrow if nothing happens I'll be fine tuning the sound settings .

And any suggestions on how to hide those wires would be greatly appreciated . :)

[headbang]

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
very nice stevie.

lol i copied carl

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated and just about finished . :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wire loom the wires if your not going to bury them.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Wire loom the wires if your not going to bury them.
I agree. Cut a slice in the carpet Loom them and run them under the carpet.

But, false floors rock.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of that's temporary , now that I have the Passenger side Subwoofer box that Stangbanger242 has built for me . As soon as I get some time it's all gonna be redone , since then I've got another amp to power both JL Audio subs and a crossover . But here is the Passenger side Custom Sub box .

·
Banned
589 Posts
It looks awesome but I am a little confused... Are both pieces used as airspace for the sub? How did you seal them?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im hopeing that the second piece is just a false panel

Posted via FF Mobile Your correct the 2nd piece is a false panel that is cut to straddle the rear stress bar.
On the sub box that I have installed now, I'm using the false panel for a capacitor. And with the passenger side false panel I am planning on using it to mount my crossover to.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I finally got around to working on the set up some more and managed to get the box in with some trimming in certain areas . Mainly it was the false panel that I had to do some extra trimming with .

Then I put stuffing in the sub box and got ready to put the JL Audio sub in .

And this is what its starting to look like , I ran out of time but I still have a mono Rockford sub amp and a Clarion crossover to put in .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Lookin good! Pm me when it's finalized and we can go over the amp rack.

Joe

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
nice man..looks better than I thought it would and still has more trunk space than I thought it would. When we were at FF11 I was thinking welp..there goes the trunk space. Twas wrong. Good job stangbanger on those boxes man!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts