Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. i have a european focus which has a damn bloody ECU.. that means u cant remap it like USA models...

i am looking for a stand alone to solve this ECU issue.. i am searching the web for stand alones but i also need help about which will be the best suitable for a 2.0L zetec...

Ok when u talk about an ECU for zx3 i think 1st choice is a Pectel T2 which is around $ 2.500,- most expensive ECU for focus on the market i think...

i found also Haltech E8 ECUs they have average price and very good info about the product in the web ...

there is also Omex 500 series which has avarage price and i think in europe people are using this one but i could hardly find info about this one...

i need to buy a stand alone ECU and i need help for the choice... Do you have any info about these ECUs? Which one would you recommend? if you know any good brands that will work with zetec other than these please tell me...

ok which ECU would you prefer for a 2001 focus with 2.0L zetec??

·
Registered
789 Posts
to start out with, american models have an ecu as well. in fact any car that is fuel injected, not carborated, has one; it's not just a european thing. anyway you don't need a stand alone ecu unless you are doing strickly drag, auto cross or some kind of track racing, and even then there really is no need unless it is truely a beast. they are just a waste of money IMO. you should be able to just get a chip or a programmer like the x-cal 2 to flash your computer and it would save you 2100 bucks too.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i'm almost 100% sure you could use a xcal2....
the st170 and the svt are the same cars...
maybe you will need to buy the software and the unit since you are in the uk and mail-in tunning is not an option

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well firstly thanx for the inputs... i know all the cars that are fuel injected have ECUs...

The ST170 are same with SVT in America but 2.0L zetec models are not same with the american models they have different type of ECUs...

i asked focussport for the SCT chip and Xcal2 for my ECU and they told me that European ECU codes are not supported and it wont work with my ECU as they are not same with the american model ECUs...

there is also an option like buying an american ECU and connect with European focus and programing with a xcal2 or something... but i am not sure if it will work or not...

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would get an FuelTech F1pro. It would be $400, and it is stand alone...
I know a zetec 1.8 16v focus with 514hp (turbo), and daily driven that uses this ECU... Just take the EEC-V out and replace for the FuelTech!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RushdB said:
i would get an FuelTech F1pro. It would be $400, and it is stand alone...
I know a zetec 1.8 16v focus with 514hp (turbo), and daily driven that uses this ECU... Just take the EEC-V out and replace for the FuelTech!
i ll check that [thumb]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
you learn something new every day...
i though all the ecus were the same on all ths focus..

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i will try to connect an american ECU to my focus... do you guys know where can i buy a second hand but in good condition ECU? no need to say it should have a web adress ;) i think it will worth trying....

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
ask v6focus...
he owns a salvage focus shop..
you will need the keys so try to find an ecu with the keys...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pio said:
ask v6focus...
he owns a salvage focus shop..
you will need the keys so try to find an ecu with the keys...
oh the keys!! i didnt think about that nice point thanx...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have the diagram of 2.0L zetec ECU? i must check wheter the connections are same or not?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Humm, the Ford Zetec EEC-V ECUs in my country control the ignition too. So, if you are planning to build a new ignition map, there is no way to "re-map" it...
And there is a 6300 rpm cutoff ( fuel cutoff and not ignition cutoff ) that is impossible to take off...

There is a Alien Tech module that remap the EEC-V using the ODB-II port, and I think this is build in Italia... maybe you can use this one with your european ECU.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats the hardest part of turbo setup for a european focus... damn ECU gonna make me crazy!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1turbofocus said:
What is your ECU code , let me see if it is one i have already done

Tom
Tom are you tuning european ECUS?

when i went to a ford service and asked my ECU code the guy gave me a sticker that he took from my ECU and its writing 98AB-12A650-CGL/CERT on it. :)

i know US ECU codes are like DEA8,JEW3... and also i know where these codes are located but there isnt a code like US ones have... i think European codes are like these...

if u need i have a photo of my ECU also ;)

so can i have a chance like being one that is already done by u? :))

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Ozan, the code is similar to the brazilian ones...
Mine is 3S55-12A650-BA
So the Alien Tech might work for your ECU.

Tom, what kind of hardware do you use for re-map it? because here in brazil, the most comom are Unichip ( from Dastek, it's a piggy back module ), the Alien Tech ( remap by ODB-II port ), but only a few guys does this kind of work here...

Do you know any info about the "name" of the ECUs? Like BETO, ANIL, BLACK OAK, etc?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RushdB said:
Hey Ozan, the code is similar to the brazilian ones...
Mine is 3S55-12A650-BA
So the Alien Tech might work for your ECU.

Tom, what kind of hardware do you use for re-map it? because here in brazil, the most comom are Unichip ( from Dastek, it's a piggy back module ), the Alien Tech ( remap by ODB-II port ), but only a few guys does this kind of work here...

Do you know any info about the "name" of the ECUs? Like BETO, ANIL, BLACK OAK, etc?
i couldnt find much info about Alien Tech in english... Do you know any website in english about Alien tech?

·
FF Affiliate
30,925 Posts
The 98AB-12A650-CGL is what i needed but may need to read your ECU to go further it isnt one i have done before

The Uni-Chip is a wonderfull tool and works the best on the the Focus so dont be scaired of it at all , It is what I first tuned my Focus with back in 2000 and it worked great

Tom

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know uni-chip they do it for $450 here but some says it wont be enough or reliable to tune for a turbo setup... is it capable of tuning the fuel and timing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts