Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all started saturday night

city driving at below freezing point (around 15degree farenheight) car starting to have real lack of power below 2000 rpm but still drivable

if i rev it to 4000 rpm there is some backfire noticeable

I stalled 1 time when take off cuz tried to clutch normaly but engine restarted fine

made a stop to the gaz station restart fine cuz motor still hot but check engine light came on after 2 minute and same diveability problem nothing more... I could make it to home like that

sunday I didn't use the car

monday morning wake up early in case I had trouble with starting the car (I was right) car didn't start but it was really cold mornig

try it again after work at around 30 farenheight nothing better. if I press the gas to the floor it help during 5-6 seconds after no sign of life

I hear the fuel pump running... (I think about MAF sensor)

towing to steallership before next snowfall

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Do you have a place where you can get an OBDII scanner? I don't know what auto places you have in Canada but the larger chains will usually let you use one for free. That way you can see what error codes are coming up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good and bad news

timing belt missed a tooth but no engine damage

even my technical adviser told me the SVT is a non-interference engine

total around 600$ with the towing,labor and tax for a new timing belt and a new valve cover gasket

not bad at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts