Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Focus SVT that I picked up from the first owner, which was thrown all around. I have noticed that the idle has gotten worse since I've had it. The idle sits still but dips down about 200 rpm then returns. The idle is really unreliable at all times, especially when the engine is warm. Additionally, there is a subwoofer type noise that happens slightly in the rear right of the car. Sometimes it sounds like slurping and other times it's like a subtle one-second bass. When driving, and cold, the rpm drops really fast when changing gears. When coming to a stop, cold or warm, the idle is iffy. It will either sit way above at 1200 rpm the slowly drop when I am fully stopped or wave around trying to stall. Every now and then it will stall when coming to a stop. Lights also hazy in the LCD screen and speedo lights just slightly, more of a shimmering dimming. I changed the MAF, IAC Valve, Ignition Coil, Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Cleaned the Throttle Body, and more. The Idle speed is about 850, though moves around too much to know fully. It has a short ram intake currently by AEM. Any ideas of what to do to fix it???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, it has a new battery and the alternator tests good when tested through the battery. I have no idea of where to even begin, but the idle issue is getting annoying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, my catalytic converter is going out. I also had to recently change the bank 1 o2 sensor for reading slow

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,765 Posts
99% of the time, poor running is due to a vacuum leak. Replace the vacuum lines to the fuel rail and the purge valve. If the intake boots are oem consider replacing them with silicone from massive speed. The lower intake to cylinder head gaskets are flat I'm sure. You can disconnect the idle air control valve to see if it is malfunctioning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts