Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about purchase stainless steel valves and theirs 2 different sizes for both exhaust and intake. how do i know what ones to buy? 2.3 means bigger valves?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I believe you mean cams. I there are three different stages as far as I know. You can do stage one with stock springs and retainers. Two and three will require you to buy new springs and retainers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i mean valves. stainless steel. im getting the stg 2 turbo cams. im slowly gathering all my parts. but i need strong valves thats why im buying them. and theres 2 diffrent sizes for the exhaust and intake. i think it may be for the 2.0 and 2.3 differance. 2.3 bigger valves. but i want to make sure, talk to some one who really knows.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
You only need bigger valves if you have had work done to the head and they enlarged the valves.

Why are you buying new valves???

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
If you want to buy oversized valves, you need to have work done to your head. That's a fact. It would be easier for us to give you the answer you are looking for if you post the link where you plan to buy the valves.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yeah as said above, you'll need headwork done, and you'll need to leave the cylinder head with the machine shop so they can match the head with the valves...

and its up to you if you want to go with bigger valves.... of course bigger means more air in and out... so thats a decision you have to make... usually people go +1 mm on intake and exhaust... but again, you'll have to leave the head and valves at a machine shop for them to match them together... but if you dont want to have machine work done...

i say go with supertech superflo valves... they have a thin neck right by the head of the valve, so you get alittle extra flow without having to have machine work done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.