Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there a stainless steel race header out there b/c i want a race header but i want one that is stainless but i cant find one

do you nkow any stainless steel race hearders for a 2000 zetec

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
look at the focussport race header, or the svt race header. oh and by the way, you have a ZETEC not a zetecH.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
check out cfm, the svt race header is the way to go, especially if you need to worry about emissions, because you can hook an r/t high flow cat right onto it. the obx race header is also ss.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
OBX 4-2-1 is stainless...and reasonably priced at ~$155 + S&H on e-bay. Although the SVT header is hands down the best long-tube header for the Zetec if you have the money.

·
Registered
557 Posts
WOOT WOOT represent Clifton Springs FOCI!!!!!! Ya man get the FS if ya wanna do it right.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah you really should. i feel like all fs products are very expensive and overpriced.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
obx is ss , i've had mine for over a year & it's been great so far!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
what exactly are your plans for the car anyways? f/i, aggressive or mild n/a, or just the basic boltons?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The SVT header is SS, but a low-grade stainless so it does rust. You can get any header ceramic coated and they won't rust.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mild i have volant, and a borla catback so far i would like to do header, short throw, cams, cam gears etc.

·
Registered
525 Posts
bosal makes a good 2.25" flex SS and the OBX 4-2-1 is a good header to use.

I have the FC 4-2-1 and im sure its the same as the OBX header. I also got the Bosal flex

I love it

·
Registered
750 Posts
I went with the stailess 4-2-1 from steeda along with theie flex pipe and exhaust. I believe their header and flex are Focus Central the steeda exhaust is a take off of borla. Anyways, they are all stainless and I am very pleased with all components

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Please tell me you didn't spend nearly $400 on their race header...its the same as the OBX 4-2-1 which routinely sells on e-bay for $175 shipped. Steeda is notorious for rebadging other company's products and cranking the price up. Check e-bay auction 260025205898...its practically the same thing for a fraction of the price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts