Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard of them on other cars.. but do they have stainless steel EGR tubes for the focus.. mine is cracked and it's too hot to use JB weld with (i know.. i tried.. it burned black then cracked off)

also where is a good place to buy a new egr tube? lowest price i found is 43 bux from a dealership

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It is stainless already...Just get another one, I haven't heard of them cracking so you must have had a fluke. I have my old one...$30 shipped to you. Its used , I did an SVT header swap and its my old one.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i meant like those braided ones.. i've seen them on supras, 300zx, (honda's) and the such.. actual egr tubes.. it's a hard tube wrapped.. and the spot that cracked i've heard form alot of spi owner's is an issue

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
OIC, I didn't notice you had an SPI, I wasn't paying attention to the section I was in. Sorry.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, the EGR tube is notorious for cracking on the SPI. I replaced mine 3 times in the 200,000km's I had the SPI. I don't have the problem anymore... my Zetec doesn't have an EGR now ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, the EGR tube is notorious for cracking on the SPI. I replaced mine 3 times in the 200,000km's I had the SPI. I don't have the problem anymore... my Zetec doesn't have an EGR now ;)
I just bought a Header + flex pipe, so should I replace it right now while im removing stuff from there. Should I get a new one from dealer ??

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just bought a Header + flex pipe, so should I replace it right now while im removing stuff from there. Should I get a new one from dealer ??
yeah u should

·
Registered
16 Posts
devil dog did you ever get this fixed or what? if its cracked but not brooken take it off and weld that SOB and it will last for a long time. cost me about 15 bucks to have it welded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts