Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt really know where to post this since its not technically exterior or interior I guess. oh and sorry for the long post ahead of time

I'm trying so see what everyone thinks about stainless engine dress-up parts (besides that it will suck to keep clean). I would really love to have some to keep the flow going under the hood as I have a billet spark plug cover and a polished intake. Im also adding a polished valve cover.

Now, Ive seen stuff on Team Torquesteer (uk based) for SS engine stuff but its almost $120 US just for a degas cover after shipping and everything. I know CFM makes a coolant reservoir in a polished look as well but its even more expensive than the degas cover from the UK.

Is there a way I can replicate that look without having to spend so much? I want to at least get the Degas cover, battery cover and fuse cover in a polished or stainless look.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want everything to match as close as possible is all. I dont like the shiny metal parts scattered throughout my engine bay in the midst of black plastic is all.

My other option would be to color match everything, but I'd rather not. I like the look of the Euro cars and all the stainless under the hood.

Norcal; as for that paint you have listed, how would I apply it to the battery and degas cover since it needs to be rolled on? I want it to look pretty clean

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have a air compressor? You can pick up a spray gun cheap from Harbor Freight. You would also use a plastic primer first, but that comes in a spray can.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Team Torquesteer FTW! That's where I've gotten my stuff for my '03 but you will have to pay for it! Shit I haven't even put my stuff on the '03 as its pretty damn dirty

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Norcal: I'm going to look into it a little more, as I found that Thomas makes "Liquid Stainless Steel" in a spray, or possibly having a friend help fabricate covers.

Ken: Their stuff is amazing but its such an arm and a leg! As a college student whos planning on moving to another school next year I just cant afford it, but Im more than willing to accept donations if you dont want them anymore hahaha

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've actually decided that Im going to attempt going with a brushed aluminum vinyl on my fusebox and battery instead of paint, and just doing the top portions. Im hoping to find them premade without any logos on them, so it may be a while until I update since CFM should be releasing theirs soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about their stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts