Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Has anyone fitted stainless braided brake lines to their SVT Focus?

I have an ST170 herre in the UK fitted with an RT cat, Ford Racing UDP and quickshift kit.
I'd like to improve the feel of the brakes on light braking as the pedal feels a little soft. I'd like something a little sharper although hard braking is fine.

Does the pedal feel improve and how many hoses are in the kit 6 or 8?

Thanks

Chris BUK

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I am no SVT expert... But I think you might just need to bleed the brake fluid, and refill with new DOT 3 or 4, I forget which is better?

anyways here's some brief info about the svt hose kit

F2 S.S. Brake Hoses are designed with a strong quality hose, covered by braided stainless steel and sealed with teflon. This design eliminates abrasion and corrosion so it may have the great performance look for a long time. Changing out the rubber factory brake lines to the F2 S.S. Brake Hoses will provide better response and a firm brake pedal. The F2 S.S. Brake Hoses fits the rear disk that the SVT comes with.
LINK

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put goodridge lines on my SVT, it was 6 hoses , 4 rear and 2 front. I went to a dot 4 porsche fluid as well ( i had access to it, don't worry i am not a name whore) but the pedal feel was alot better. Under light breaking though there is still a bit of softness. you really notice the pedal difference at about 25% p[ressure.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
After you install braided lines.....take some time to get use to them. As mentioned they improve brake feel but they can also cause the brakes to lock up quicker as well. Don't go stomping on them the first time or you'll be flat spotting your tires which can be an expensive lesson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.