Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i some how got a stain on my headliner and no idea on how it go there. It looks like pop. Does anyone know how to get it out without making it look worse than what it already does?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I had a stain on my headliner as well. Had decent success with one of those carpet floor mat foam cleaners with the little scrub brush. Turtle wax or something. Or if you go to a detailer after the winter and have your car taken care of, they can probably get rid of it.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ This

Depending on what it is, plain water and soap might work too. Start with something light and work your way up the ladder of cleaners until you hit the one that works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might try using some light degreaser (diluted simple green works) and spray it lightly on the headliner. Then scrub clean using a towel.

I work part time at a Ford dealer detailing and we do this on head liners with light to medium staining.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I use Goop multipurpose hand cleaner on bad stains on my laundry at times. The white creme stuff with no pumice. Amazing. Takes out stains you wouldn't think possible and never any color lift problems. It even says right on the lid you can use it on laundry stains. Might try dabbing some on, letting it sit for an hour or so and then wiping it off with a damp cloth.

This stuff:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14OZ-HAND-C...8&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=131283536738&rt=nc

You can usually find it at Walmart or local parts store for around $5

If you can't find Goop brand, Permatex also makes the same stuff called Blue label hand cleaner. Again no pumice. I've used both the Goop and the Permatex on stains with the same great results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Permatex-01...1456197025&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

I think one or the other would do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts