Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a question before i decide i want to do it? would our motor be able to handle stage 2 cams(crane) and a 50-75 shot of nitrous? probably a dumb question but i just want to make sure!

·
Registered
584 Posts
that pretty much sums it up.
50: yes IF you do everything right.
75: most likely going to need to do some supporting work.

the cams with spray is an interesting question, though. boost is picky about overlap. i've seen a lot of v8s with huge cams and spray, but i don't know what they had going on inside.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You might be able to get away with a 50 shot. If you build the motor up and its close to 200whp then you will have problems with that 50 shot. You could maybe get away with a 25 shot. You will have to get the tune just right for the cams and the nitrous shot. There are a lot of people running turbos with well over 200 whp, but when it comes to nitrous you shoving an instant 75 hp at the engine all at once and thats what is hard for the internals.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
just to throw this out there... ive recently started to think of throwing a 50shot of ZEX on my car in the future...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
no.... whats delicious is that my mother may be purchasing the Recaro Baby seat for my little one! thats delicious!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yes. only thing is, ill probably have corbeaus. lol i might have to ball out for a matching set of recaro's to match hers. if we get it, ill deffinately take pictures. lol

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
man i wish i had a recaro baby seat, although i am looking at a set of the recaro seats as well as the sparco's for the future. im not sure how much coin i wanna be shelling out though, mind you cool factor goes up a ton, lol.

also honhon, what do you think about a 25shot (for me in particlar) im only planning to do the i/e/h/tune and a set of stage 1 cams (havent decided between crane or crower) and the TB. will a 25shot be safe and i won't own myself in the future? i have like 0 know-how about this nitrous stuff, only that if you have too much of a spray not only will it explode the motor but it doesn't do the pistons any good either.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A 25 shot will be fine. Just make sure that you use a wet system, meaning that you spray both nitrous and fuel at the same time.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
which is a good company? i heard zex is popular...

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
i'll look into both, last q, is it hard to install?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
No, not that hard if your just looking for the basic kit that works with rpm and wot.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
wait what? lol, all im going by is what i saw from the first fast and the furious LOL once rpms hit like 5k and you push the button...is that what you're talking about? im assuming you can change the rpms where you can set it to spray...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You you can have an arming switch. Then when you go WOT and between a certian RPM it will start srpaying. Mine is set at like 3000-6100 at WOT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts