Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question..are the stage ones straight drop ines or do they need to be shimmed?..also is a must to upgrade the valve train for these cams?

·
Registered
381 Posts
No cams are just drop in. You will probably have to adjust the valve lash.

·
Registered
479 Posts
IMO: You might want to consider FR Stg.2’s, has much better performance, uses stock valve train & on sale for around $165.00. And according to Ray at McNews...The best cams he has ever tested for a Zetec.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO: You might want to consider FR Stg.2’s, has much better performance, uses stock valve train & on sale for around $165.00. And according to Ray at McNews...The best cams he has ever tested for a Zetec.

thanks for the info..already have the stg 1 cranes..[?|] ..got a deal with them and a port 00 intake mani..for 250..just wanted to know whats exactly involved in installing them..some says since they are new cams to replace the buckets

·
Registered
381 Posts
it took me about 2hrs to change my cams. you wont know what size buckets you need untill you put the new cams in and check the valve lash.

·
Registered
535 Posts
will stg 2's work with an atx??? i've heard both yes and no thats why I ask. thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
iirc anything less than .390 lift will fit w/o head work...u should always check lash even w stage 1's...also the stage means nothing as its all about the lift/duration of the cam...again...iirc the crower 1's are almost as big as the fr 2's...a great example of how stage means nothing when comparing accross brands...look at the lift/duration

·
Registered
535 Posts
ok thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks..i dont think the crane/fr stg 1's have that much lift..i guess i'll just take it to a shop to have them done..

·
Registered
479 Posts
whats the performance upside? will i have to reflash my ecu? and to tune do i need to get my car on the dyno?
Cams will provide you with a better power band. If you want to take advantage of all the hidden powers that cams can provide, a dyno tune is the only way to go, otherwise it would be like buying an expensive audio head and keeping your stock speakers. LOL

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I Have been concidering cams for some time, I have to say this thread help quite a bit. Thanks guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts