Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up empty. I am looking for a stage 1 clutch for the 2.0 duratec. It seems all the duratec clutches are for the 2.3. I keep seeing draxus come up on searches but their website takes you to some store selling clothese and what not, not focus parts. If anyone knows where I can get one of these cluthes it will be greatly appreciated.(sp?)

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Draxas has clutches, but I can't link you to the Focus page because of how their website works. Go to www.draxas.com and under SHOP DRAXAS there is a pull down menu where you can select Focus parts. I'd do a search for Spec Stage 1 clutch and see who else sells it. Draxas doesn't have the best prices. I can't remember for sure, but I think Tony at www.newedgeperformance.com sells Spec clutches cheaper. Usually if he has something, it's cheaper than in other places, and you get a FF discount. Rob at www.zxtuner.com may have clutches too- I'm always looking at wheels when I go there. A great number of parts for 2.3's work on the 2.0, and clutches are one of those parts. There is no difference between the flywheel used on the D20 and the flywheel on the D23, and no difference between the clutches. Something else you might want to check out is a conversion flywheel (if you're in the market for a flywheel) to put a Zetec clutch behind the Duratec. The Zetec clutch is much less expensive, and the price difference between the Duratec clutch and a conversion flywheel + Zetec clutch is only like $100-$150. It's like getting an aluminum flywheel for chump change. If I have some time later I'll do some more research and see where I found that conversion flywheel and clutch kit, and nail down the price difference for you. Google is your friend. Also, Mazda3/6 Duratec parts are the same as far as the clutch goes.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Texas Notorious said:
I did a search and came up empty. I am looking for a stage 1 clutch for the 2.0 duratec. It seems all the duratec clutches are for the 2.3. I keep seeing draxus (Draxas)come up on searches but their website takes you to some store selling clothese (clothes)and what not, not focus parts. If anyone knows where I can get one of these cluthes (clutches)it will be greatly appreciated.(sp?)(correct!)

You might want to try looking through Egz's "Duratec Parts and Developments: New and Improved" at the top of the Duratec Performance forum to see who he found selling clutches if Google isn't working for you.

·
Registered
930 Posts
F2 flywheel (yes it fits) and a centerforce dual friction.

With the F2 flywheel, you get a lighter flywheel, and you can use the much cheaper zetec clutches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts