Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone swapped out their stock Focus ST3 exhaust tip for a couple of more conventional looking round ones. I love the car but am not keen on the look of the "double diamond" stock tip ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone swapped out their stock Focus ST3 exhaust tip for a couple of more conventional looking round ones. I love the car but am not keen on the look of the "double diamond" stock tip ?
If you're keeping the stock muffler on its as simple as cutting the tip off and leave enough tubing there to either have tips welded on or use slip on tips. When i did my custom exhaust i went with 3.5" SS tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey those look really cool - much better than the stock tip - exactly what I'm looking for. I see you're in the the states - I wonder if I can get those in the UK? Could you give me the exact details so I can google them please ;-)
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey those look really cool - much better than the stock tip - exactly what I'm looking for. I see you're in the the states - I wonder if I can get those in the UK? Could you give me the exact details so I can google them please ;-)
Thanks
Just google focus st exhaust tips. You'll find loads that you can choose from:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks - Having had a good look at how the tip is attached, I see the stock tip is welded on - hence you saying it has to be sawn off - not a problem in itself, but I also see that the weld is very close to the "S" bend in the pipes coming out of the muffler - leaving very little straight pipe to put the new pipes onto?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts