Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newly eBay purchased ST200's arrived today. Got the tires mounted & balanced this afternoon, & put them on the car this evening. Only thing I can say at this time is that I really, really like how they look on my car. Can't believe on how much they have changed, enhanced the appearance of the car. They make the car look "lighter" if that makes any sense. I am though, disappointed with the seller. Due to packaging, 3 out of the 4 wheels have rub marks on the lips where the clear coat has rubbed off. Going to try and correct this myself. Would be too much of hassle complaining to the seller, sending pictures, sending the wheels back for replacments, etc. But I will let him know via my feedback on eBay regarding this. Back to the wheels. I like the gunmetal color in between the spokes. Also when viewing pictures of the wheel on someone elses car via the computer, etc., the wheel have the appearance of being very flat faced. But in truth they have a very nice subtle curve to face & spokes. Only problem I ran into was with the center caps. Was careful when removing them from my 16's, but a couple of them seem to be loose on the ST's. Any thoughts on how to correct this? Will try to snap some pics in the next couple of days, weather permitting. Supposed to get a pretty substantial rain fall starting tomorrow, running into Saturday. I would also like to give the car a bath too before any pics. Can't have a dirty car with nice new wheels can we.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Oh congrats on the wheels. That sucks about the clearcoat, hopefully you can solve that pretty easily.

Interesting too about their apperance, I've always thought they looked kinda "flat" in the pictures I've seen too.

Can't wait for pics with the clean car... and mirrors[:)~]

Oh and I have no advice to offer on the center caps, I've not tried to swap mine before.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i d try tapping the center caps with a rubber mallet. congrats on your purchase... i have been considering a set of st200s but crazypayme has no shortage of wheels and i dont see the point fighting with other focii enthusiasts when i know next week another 2 sets will be posted.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Burnin8r said:
i d try tapping the center caps with a rubber mallet. congrats on your purchase... i have been considering a set of st200s but crazypayme has no shortage of wheels and i dont see the point fighting with other focii enthusiasts when i know next week another 2 sets will be posted.
Yeah, I know what you mean about trying to get a set at a good price. I have been watching & waiting to get these wheels for awhile now. Just did not want to pay over a set amount. Got lucky & was able to win the auction with the minimum bid of $89.99. In regards to the caps, I had no problem getting them on, its just that a couple of them seemed loose, spun around quite easily. I did though come up with a fix for the problem. Took some thin, long pieces of duct tape & carefully wrapped them around the area of contact on the caps. They snap in perfectly and with the duct tape in place, there is no movement what so ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts