Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
:) ST170s are going to be brutally priced because of the strong euro dollar, so you won't find a better price unless you find used somewhere. From what I've heard from someone who's had both, the ST170s were brighter (ie had a better beam pattern) And also the ST170s will let you get rid of those turn signals in the grill that everyone seems to dislike. Although with the KS Halos, you get the halos. Personally, if money weren't an issue I'd go with the ST170 lights. :) But if money weren't an issue, I'd also go with the MACH Audio/SVT HIDs. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
this was somethign i thought hard about but i went with KS not because of money but because i just liked them more

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solaris,
are you happy with your lights? if you had the money for either would you have still got them? and thet pic you have on the message is your car with the black halo lihjts right? do you have any other pictures?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
KS:
*Only about ~$250 shipped
*Dual halo's per headlight
*Not as bright as stock HL's unless you use Silverstar or brighter bulbs
*HL wiring is backwards. Must cut wires to correct
*Must seal with silicone or HL will fog up during cold or humid days when HL's are on.
*The rubber seal that meets the hood is already cracking. I've only had them for 4 months.
Probably going to need some eyelids to cover them up.
*Hard to change bright bulb. Must remove HL's to remove/change bright bulb
*Fitment is good but not as good as OEM/stock.

St170:
*Built in turn signal
*More expensive then KS. About ~$350 shipped plus $25 for wiring install kit
*I believe you will have to cut stock HL wires to mate with st170 wiring install kit
*No halo's
*OEM fitment

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I'm not a fan of the euro HL's.
They look too much like the newer Jetta and Golf HL's.
Nothing wrong with them. Just not my style.

For $250, the KS aren't bad but I'll probably upgrade them in a few years.

If you got the money and like the euro HL's, then get them.
Otherwise, the KS HL's may be your best bet for cost.

If you got the cash, the Mach/SVTF HID HL's will be the best since they are HIDS.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i like the st170's b/c of the look i'm going for my car. I don't want anything really flashy, but i do want my car to look nice, i'm not a big fan of the halo's so go with the st170's

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
get the st170 if you have the money...
better build quality than the ks...

and you dont need to cut the cables or anything...
will have to buy an dapter that cost like 15$ ...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but the ones from th batinc.net are expensive...what is shipping? i can get them from european-parts.net for like $309 with $25 wiring.....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I haven't had any fitment issues with my KS headlights, I did silicone them up, but my OEM ones were starting to fog a bit too. My rubber seal is still in great condition and I've had my halos for as long as Microtonal has, and out climates are almost identical.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ur black or chrome? if you have pics can i see them of your lights , car audio, and your speedhut guage? those are the mods im working on and an svt body kit, im saving the $$$$ to get it done all at once..

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
id get the ST170s, they are worth the extra cash, im glad i did, ive heard too many complaints abou the halos vs none on the ST170s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts