Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm really needing a new set of headlights for my car. I was planning to get a set of ST170's but had a guy PM me here stating he had some ST170's made by a company called In-pro. The guy said they were from Germany and included a wiring harness.

I've never heard of the company before and am tired of crappy "ebay" projectors (the reason I'm needing new lights in the first place.)

So does anyone know anything about "In-Pro" headlights or if I should just get the ST170's and be done with this whole issue.

Thanks!
Kevin

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool..... I'm thinking some rep points :)

Anybody have any pics as well.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
i got in-pros. i like em. although recently i did have to reseal one of them cuz there was some moisture in it.
sorry i dont have a closer pic

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I think the In-Pros LOOK better, because - in addition to being truly black, unlike the ST170s - they have clear turn signals, rather than amber.

HOWEVER, I have read about people here having issues with their coatings peeling prematurely - I'd search around a bit before you take a chance on 'em.

To summarize: you can't go wrong with the ST170s, but there's a risk with the In-Pros (but the better looks might be worth the risk).

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
The clear coat peeling i guess is common with a lot of after market headlights. I had a set of ebays for over a year and they never peeled, now i'm on my second set of different kind of ebay headlights and they peel.

What you should do is get Lamin-X for the headlights and put it on the headlights immediately. It'll prevent the peeling.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
^^^^
He is correct. I installed lamin-x on my headlights months ago, and they are still 100% perfect.
Its a really good investment if you care about your headlights. Prevents rock chips also.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ Did you do the install yourself? I'm on the fence about getting it because it sounds like such a PITA to do (and do RIGHT)...

·
Registered
451 Posts
In-pro is the company that made the ST170's for Ford

And offer the In-Pro variant as an aftermarket

Just like Hella made the HIDs and the quad projectors that were sold both from Ford as OEM and aftermaket

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ That's what I'd heard, I just don't understand why some people gripe about their quality, then...

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so Inpros are in-fact a "Ford" product. Like how many Ford Racing parts are just "remastered" 3rd party parts.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well then one other food for thought.... I've found a set ST170's for roughly $220 plus a $60 wiring harness or I can get In-Pro's black for $260 shipped.

your thoughts.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ I bought some ST170s from him (Sascha), and they were here in two weeks flat!

·
Registered
451 Posts
well then one other food for thought.... I've found a set ST170's for roughly $220 plus a $60 wiring harness or I can get In-Pro's black for $260 shipped.

your thoughts.
It depends on which you like the look of better....?

ST170's have an amber signal and are grey like the 03-04 NorthAmerican focus headlights

In-Pro have a clear signal and are black like SVT 02-04 non-HID headlights

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha....true what would look better on a black focus do you think.

·
Registered
244 Posts
where did u find the inpros at? is European-parts.net the only place u can buy these????lemme thnks ppls

1 - 20 of 42 Posts