Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, i saw a ST170 exhaust manifold at my local car breakers, basically my question is.. i know it will bolt to my engine but will i be able to make it fit to the stock Cat or would i have to buy a smaller sports cat? Also do you think there would be much hp gains from replacing the stock zetec manifold with the ST170 manifold, cheers Pez :)

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
the ST179 exhaust manifold, or as we call it here the SVT header is a great addition to regular zetec engines. With decent hp gains. i just bought 1 and have yet to install it. You will need to get an SVT cat (or ORP) and flexpipe. it will then bolt up to a zetec exhaust with a little modificaiton to the bolt holes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks alot for the info :D, something else just popped up into my head though, will the O2 sensor on an ST170 Cat hook right up to my 00 plate focus with no like err, compatability problems or could i remove the sensor from my stock zetec cat and plug it into the ST cat? And what kind of modification is needed to the bolt holes?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You'll have better pick up

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
No problem...I can't even tell you how long I spent searching the forums when I did the header on my old ZX3. No one should go through that again if they don't have to...lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts