Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, you know the mod where you can run both high and low beam together (for seperate element headlights of course, such as dual halo's or ST170's), by jumping two wire together in the steering column?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mod basically just supply current to both relays (for high and low) at the same time, regardless if your running high or low?
So my question is, can this mod be done under the hood by jumping the relays instead??
My wire jump in the column doesn't stay put, and there just isn't enough room to do a crimp/tap or soldering job!
Thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
me personaly, i would not do it. When i ran just brighter bulbs, i was getting honked at all the time and high beams flashed. I would just not do it.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
high AND low beams? you trying to blind the oncoming traffic or send a message to the stupid deer standing in the road?!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
dont be oncoming traffic with me. hids and silverstar highs....its daylight in front of my car. buuuut. as far as the original question goes...youll have to wait on a veteran to come in here, i couldnt tell ya.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stoopidsteve87 said:
high AND low beams? you trying to blind the oncoming traffic or send a message to the stupid deer standing in the road?!
Maybe I wasn't clear in my mission statement...lol
When I flip on my high's, I want the lows to stay lit...
I'm not looking to have my high's and low's on 24/7!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There's a reason why fogs and lowbeams are turned off. Both light up the area directly in front of you, where the highbeams light up the area down the road. You won't be able to see the distant stuff as well if you have more light directly in front of you.

I dunno, I'd just get some high wattage bulbs and change the harness so it can handle the extra power or I'd get some aftermarket lights and mount them on my vehicle.

Also, I do realize the HID's have both lit up - a shutter moves when you turn on the highbeams.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toolman00 said:
There's a reason why fogs and lowbeams are turned off. Both light up the area directly in front of you, where the highbeams light up the area down the road. You won't be able to see the distant stuff as well if you have more light directly in front of you.

I dunno, I'd just get some high wattage bulbs and change the harness so it can handle the extra power or I'd get some aftermarket lights and mount them on my vehicle.

Also, I do realize the HID's have both lit up - a shutter moves when you turn on the highbeams.
I am retro fitting HID projectors inside my dual-halo headlights. They are bi-xenon and they are going to have to stay lit when I flip to highs obviously...
Ghetto modding a 'piece of wire with the ends twisted' sounds half-baked at the most!
No thanks...save that mod for the Civic Nation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts